Photo

Fungus on peppermint catfish

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Alan Caboolture_*

Guest_Alan Caboolture_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

Or does any one know a jeweler or Lapidary, I have a gem balance that will go down to 1/100 of a metric carat. That is 1/500 gram.

Useful little gadget but not all that cheap

Alan

#22 corona

corona
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:10 AM

My previous userid was ikan but I can't reactivate it.

So far I have lost around 100 peppermints!!!
It have almost wiped out the biggest batch that I had.
Biggest lost is 13 dead in one day.

Fungus are still affecting my fish with no sign of recovery.
Can you tell me how much potassium permanganate I should use for 3'x18"x18" tank please.
Can I get this from almost any chemist and does it come in powder form?

So far I have tried tetracyline (I have used up the whole bottle), tri sulfa, medication from Veba's,
broad spectrum, ich, melafix. Now they are on melafix again since I don't know what else to use.

#23 dondon

dondon
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:59 PM

i lost all my small peppermints except for 1. i dont know how it survived. its was the strangest thing though. my bigger peppremints and cory cats didnt seem to be affected by it even though they all shared the same tank. i used tetracyline tablets mixed with a general aid mixture in my tank from aquatics and the last small peppy is still alive. i dont know if the last small peppy lived because the medicines worked or because he was resistant to the fungus? i only started to use these medicines after i had lost the majority of my group. the rest of them died after using these treatments. i dont know if this happened because they were to far gone to save or because the medicines didnt work. so at the end of losing all my peppermint babies besides one i cant help u but i can say that i know what ur going through on a smaller scale.

#24 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

Hi ikan/corona,

Just wondered how your peppermints are doing now?

Tammy

#25 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

Hi Tammy,

Well, I removed all the fish and only 10 left and most are 7 cm plus. I lost about 150 young ones. About 10 days ago I emptied the tank, cleaned the filters, washed the gravels and plants. I then filled it up with new water straight from the tap, added 2 bottles of methylined blue and 2 kg of salt!!!! After few days I did 100% water change. 2 - 3 days ago I put the fish back. I gave them medication and salt bath when I cleaned the tank.
So far they are eating okay but I have to watch the ph and ammonia. No fungus on uneaten food now. In the past they were covered by fungus the next day. I still mdicate them with Melafix just as precaution. Now the plats (java fern and anuabis nana) are dying. Most has turned brown. Hopefully they will grow back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users