Photo

Opinions on 'Geo liquid'

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 kaybe

kaybe
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:33 AM

i tink its great stuff and it keeps the fish in my tank alive. thats saying something!

#22 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:36 AM

it shouldnt be used as a dechlorinator or relied on to remove chloramine - even their own literature says that (now). The original lit. implied it could be used as a dechlorinator much to the angst of a Qld-er who lost a lot of expensive fish - I think he was going to attempt compensation from Geo. There was a thread on the Qld forum ages ago.

I have used it a couple of times when setting up new tanks or after medication - dont know whether it did anything much tho'

Steve

Visit my site: Steves Tropheus

#23 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:29 AM

yeh, I think I might stay away from it after my bottles finished. Seems too untrustworthy. :\

#24 here fishie fishie

here fishie fishie
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:17 AM

I have used geo liquid for some time now & have also just tried easy life to see if there is any difference. The products cant be overdosed, I have seen reps drink it,(tasted it myself) african geo is salty too if you want to try. A rep wouldnt really know how or why it works they only sell the s&%t. 1/2 of them dont even keep fish.

Easy life takes up to 8 hours to de-chlorinate the water if it the chlorine levels are high.
Unfortunately there is no real info(scientific) on either or a list of whats in them.

But I havent had trouble with my fish in ages(touch wood), eg; diseases & the like.the water is always crystal clear & breeding, they are always on the go.:mb

I guess it is like everything else on the market we can only really go by what is there & until it is proven otherwise:rolleyes
Easy life have a site(can be found on age of aqua) where they show the difference in chemical levels...........still didnt answer everthing :o
I dont think people should bag or otherwise without any proof.:p i like chucks comments that additives are a gimmick, what is seachem salts then.;)
I will give you an experiment, add geo to a new tank & see how long it takes to clear, I bet it is longer than it takes for an established tank to clear. If geo does nothing wouldn't it clear a tank the same time everytime??:good
anyway just my 2 cents

Frenchy:)

One thing I know, & that is that I know nothing.

#25 restin my bones for johnn

restin my bones for johnn
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:53 PM

Hey all,

Swarvegorilla (From Qld Cichlid Forum) being the inquisitive fellow he is, has spent alot of time looking in to just how these products work.

If you're interested in looking in to it more here is a link -> http://p089.ezboard....icID=5055.topic

RMBJC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users