So Why Can't I Get My Tank Clear?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Trekrider

Trekrider
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Jul 23 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the leaks - guess you'll be buying Eheim canisters next instead? wink.gif
I have two CF1200 myself and they work fine, no leaks. But as I posted on another thread, my CF2400 leaks randomly. Seems to be a bit hit and miss with the AquaOne range. All my 3 Eheims have never had problems. Two of them are second hand units so I don't even know how old they are.

Thanks Tim, I've had one CF1200 for over two and a half years with no problems till now, I have spent several hours yesterday and today trying to stop the leaks so I expect you are right, my next tank will probably have an Eheim biggrin.gif

#42 booze

booze
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (benckie @ Jul 23 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good to see you guys are finaly comming around to uv's lols only took long enough

benckies alive! how ya goin mate!
i was gonna suggest that trekrider pm you re the UV cos youre the UV king but thought you had left the building!

#43 matg

matg
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Trekrider @ Jul 23 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Tim, I've had one CF1200 for over two and a half years with no problems till now, I have spent several hours yesterday and today trying to stop the leaks so I expect you are right, my next tank will probably have an Eheim biggrin.gif

barry
im glad that everyones advice was correct and it has solved your problem,if you still have some small floating bits try using a flocculant as it just finishes the cleaning up process,i know it did with mine
regards
mat

#44 Trekrider

Trekrider
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (matg @ Jul 24 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
barry
im glad that everyones advice was correct and it has solved your problem,if you still have some small floating bits try using a flocculant as it just finishes the cleaning up process,i know it did with mine
regards
mat

Thanks Mat,

I know what a flocculant is but which one did you use and where did you get it?

#45 matg

matg
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Trekrider @ Jul 24 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Mat,

I know what a flocculant is but which one did you use and where did you get it?

barry
i think its called magic clear? i got it from my lfs i think about $10 .
regards
mat

#46 Trekrider

Trekrider
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

I got home from work today and was amazed that the tank could be so clear after just 48 hours. My LFS swapped the CF1200 connector without question and the new one has cured the leakage problem within minutes so I'm happy about that too.

At long last my wife and I were able to sit down in the lounge and marvel at the tank - the fish colouration now is incredible.

A very big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, I really appreciate all the help and support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users