Photo

Priming Aquanova Ncf-1200

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Ivan Sng

Ivan Sng
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hi Oliver, thanks for your after-hours service... It has been really helpful...

After I discovered something rattling inside the pump head I figured that there is nothing much I could do, and thanks for confirming that otherwise I might keep thinking about it tonight and tomorrow...

No worries, I am working Tuesdays but might be able to make it there by 5.30pm... otherwise it would be the weekends... Do you work weekends??

#22 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Ivan Sng @ Feb 28 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries, I am working Tuesdays but might be able to make it there by 5.30pm... otherwise it would be the weekends... Do you work weekends??

I will still be there after 6pm...... just come around the back, if there are cars there still, just ring the service bell biggrin.gif

Otherwise, yes, it is my Sunday on this weekend.

Oliver

QUOTE (golden_dase @ Feb 28 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oliver, are you giving him a free upgrade to the NCF2000? If so, my NCF1200 just had a leak too! Rofl_3f.gif

let me just pull out one of the big Orings first from the 2000 - then you can have one..... Rofl_3f.gif

#23 MrOrange

MrOrange
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:42 AM

That's leaking form the main gasket. It looks like an eheim pro I series knock off so I'd imagine its pretty similar.

If you push down on the head while it's running does it stop leaking? (The idea is to compress the gasket a bit more to get a better seal).

Also, that rattling noise.. cannisters make a 'rattling' noise when they are sucking excessive air. I have experienced this sort of noise on mine until they are primed properly.

#24 Ivan Sng

Ivan Sng
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Well not to keen to try filling the filter again with water to test... Will leave it to Oliver to find out...

Well the rattling noise is really more like something loose inside the pump head that moves from one side to the other side when the pump head is tilted from side to side...
It is not plugged in yet...

#25 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

check the propeller assembly

#26 Ivan Sng

Ivan Sng
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Many thanks to Oliver and Krystal at Aquotix. Got the faulty pump head replaced with a new one on the spot yesterday and just installed it tonight. Prefilled the canister with some tank water and a couple of primes later, plugged it in and the filter started working... Pretty much within 15 minutes. No leaks so far... Pretty quiet, cannot really hear it with the cabinet door closed...

#27 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

I'm glad we got it sorted out.... that loose thing was a bit of plastic - there was a crack internally (hence the primer would not work) and bits of plastic broken off - looks like it was damaged in transit somewhere along the line. Not anyone's fault, but a weird one none-the-less..... have to add this one to my list.

Happy fish keeping Ivan.

Cheers,
Oliver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users