Photo

Canister Filter Media

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 malbone

malbone
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Hi All - Any suggestions on what to get - I have 4 canisters and they are all past their use by date - I see a lot of active carbon - I don't know what this is - it doesn't sound that good to me but does that take out nasties until it is full/satuared then releases them???????

thanks mal

#2 kassysimon

kassysimon
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Seachem Matrix for bio media

#3 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

Or marine pure spheres , and regarding the carbon it polishes the water and takes out medication but once it's been used it does seep what it treated

#4 Ageofaquariums

Ageofaquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

A sandwich of good hard bio media (eg marine pure or ceramic rings) between quality coarse sponge.

Throw a bag of chemipure in there to bring some sparkle to the water, and yer good to go.

#5 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

I like hearing those words in talks of filtration, quality COARSE materials, that allows a continual and even free flow through, making the media perform to its very best, the coarse material to,, my preference to coarse is matalla mat or the likes of.

I see to often, people's set ups having their biological parts of the filter effected greatly by the mechanical part, either effected by lack of water flow or blocking of waiste,,,,,, and this can be occurring three quarters of the time between filter cleans.
Lots of disease can arise from this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users