Photo

Eheim 2217 + Rena Smart Heater 300w

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

recently hooked up my eheim 2217 classic to use my rena 300w smart heater as an intake

simply cut the eheim standard intake tube to the right length and it fits snugly into the heater with no worries.

cheaper, and better looking than the adapter your supposed to buy for the smart heater.

#2 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

Got any pics of your work of art mate ?

#3 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

heh.. i sure do...

i would post a pic of how it looks in the tank, but since i have a black background, its pretty much invisible smile.gif

#4 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

looks pretty cool to me mate , good work , was it your own idea ?

#5 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

basically yeah, i dunno if it was so much an 'idea' as a hatred for the obscene intake that came with my eheim... that drove me to chop it off and see if it would fit. Was pretty stoked when it did, its nice to lose a big green chunk of ugly from your tank.

the smart heater works really well now, it was pretty bad when it was used like a 'normal' heater, just placed in the water.

win/win so thought id share it smile.gif

#6 Jo

Jo
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

Thought I'd hijack this to say that I have a SmartHeater over the outlet hose rather than the intake in one of my tanks, works a charm smile.gif

#7 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hi smile.gif

Like your idea, I have 2 Rena heaters myself and am interested to know how its running now after its been a few weeks, Does the intake grill on the bottom of the heater get blocked with detritus ?

Cheers
Craig

#8 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

its been running for a couple of months now at least... the grill is fairly wide on the 300w model (where are all my cherry shrimp LOL) so it doesnt get blocked at all. i have no plants or large fish in the tank tho. if u have bits of plants and seabiscuits floating around, maybe an issue there, tho probably wouldnt be too much worse than a standard intake???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users