Photo

Suicides

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kick

kick
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

my new synadontis bailed out of my 2 foot found him on the floor, why do they do thiss

#2 Johny

Johny
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

sorry to hear that man....rip lil catfish

#3 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

If they are startled or sometimes if water conditions are not right they will do this also do you have any lids or something over the top of the tank to stop jumping.

A litle bit more info will be nice to like what are they in with, how long have they been in there and how long has the tank been running for and do you know any tank readings ie nitrate,nitrite and those sorts of things.

We all may be able to help you out that little bit more with this info.

Cheers
smile.gif

#4 kick

kick
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

its just a standard 2 foot and yeh it has a lid, it made it through the smallest gap. it was in with bristlenose, a baby yellow, loach and a baby synadontis. the ph was a bit down not sure about nitrate readings and stuff though.

#5 4x4xfar

4x4xfar
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

One of frontosa's jumped out about a week ago because my Mrs Scared him when she flicked the light on! Luckily someone was there to put him back in the tank!

#6 *S*T*A*R*S*

*S*T*A*R*S*
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

i personaly dont think any fish means to jump! if waterconditions are not right or if the fish is being beaten up or threatened by another fish they tend to get pushed into a corner of the tank! when a fish reaches a corner of the tank the only place left for them to get away is up and i think this is why we sometimes find fish on the floor! sorry to hear about it mate! just another way to think about things! comments on my theory???

Cheers

Arron

#7 kick

kick
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

yehh he was the biggest fish in the tank other than my bristlenose he wouldnt hurt a fly. no one started on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users