Photo

A Home For Archimedes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

This shouldn't be an issue. PCS has made the hybrid issue perfectly clear. I think its good that PCS and their forum has a scope.

I dont have any problem at all with people who choose to keep flowerhorns. I dont think too many members here do either and as a PCS member I wouldnt want people to feel alienated because of what they keep, unless its Malawi's :-). I guess its just good to remember that this forum is run by a Club that does have an active and positive agenda that doesnt include promotion of flowerhorns and other hybrids.

Tuna, I really like reading your threads, you do a great job setting up and 'scaping your tanks and you keep some cool, odd little fish.

Just wish everyone would keep in mind the positive reasons why PCS do this and not take it as an insult or take it personally.

Edited by malawiman85, 13 August 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#42 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

I love your scaped too! It makes us all want to make our tanks so much more interesting. I am considering re-doing my discus tank becuase of you :)

#43 tunagirll

tunagirll
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

It's all good, honestly - I just wanted to provide feedback that wasn't of the 'you guys suck' variety. If we don't say, you don't know, right?

I'm really pleased people are enjoying the scapes. I love making beautiful things that are a bit unusual. I have ideas for some other scapes, but I'm limited now since I already have five tanks :D One is a black/white/greyscale theme and another is an Aboriginal art theme, but that one would need to be marine.

#44 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Greyscale/black & white would be good to try. I remember someone discussing a black/white theme a while back....

And here it is:

Hi

Anyone else keep these fish?

I got one the other day from Aquotix. Only a little fella ~5cm. Nice looking fish.

Don't see them around very often.

One thing I have noticed is that they are a super greedy fish when it comes to food, even at a small size. Apparently a super aggressive fish as they mature. Was thinking of mixing it with some Polleni. I think a tank with all "black/white" fish would look pretty cool.

Cheers,

Alex

Hard to imagine your aboriginal themed idea... Would be interesting though im sure. Do you have any examples?

#45 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Yeh pics for sure!

#46 tunagirll

tunagirll
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Greyscale/black & white would be good to try. I remember someone discussing a black/white theme a while back....

And here it is:

Hard to imagine your aboriginal themed idea... Would be interesting though im sure. Do you have any examples?

The greyscale/black/white theme would probably be best run with a moonlight setting as well, and you set off the balance with a single brightly coloured fish. There are actually some really handsome grey coloured fish about. Think a surreal 'moonscape' type setting - grey/powdery white sand, pitch black background, maybe to the point of making a thin internal wall and spraying it with matt black, nothing on the surface - and some lovely fish as a combination of blacks, greys and whites - and the one spot of colour. Probably a very long tank to emphasise the surface aspect.

The aboriginal theme - that would be a rather large poly sculpt of a high ledged sandstone cave with some handprint art 'blown' onto the surface to scale, maybe stick art of fish or the rainbow serpent... and then the trick would be to have this as a marine tank and stock it with a young group of Banggai cardinalfish. It would be extra cool to set it up with some drifting light rays dappling down through parts of the cave.

Attached File  cardinalfish.jpg   205.95KB   0 downloads

#47 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Ooooooo.... I like the Aboriginal Idea. Maybe I should sell my BW Clownfish get a small school of them (4) and make up the limestone into that idea :)

#48 tunagirll

tunagirll
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Ooooooo.... I like the Aboriginal Idea. Maybe I should sell my BW Clownfish get a small school of them (4) and make up the limestone into that idea :)

Feel free to poach ideas, the more the merrier :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users