Angelfish Doing Vertical 360's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

Type of fish: Angelfish
Symptoms: Starts off by doing vertical 360's and then starts spinning out of control. Mostly happening at night time, but condition seems to be worsening. Have tried treating with levamisole as someone recommended. 
Other tank mates: Neosilurus Hyrtlii, other angelfish, BN, Peps, clown loaches, danios, neons, cardinals, rainbowfish, corydoras and scissortail rasboras. May be some more I have forgotten about.
Tank size / capacity: 6x2x2
Type of Food fed: Fluval Nutridiet Tropical Flakes, blooodworms, Fluval Tropical sinking pellets, occasionally sneaks some vege wafers too.
Feeding frequency/amount: Once daily 
Substrate: Gravel with Fluval aquasoil.
Type of filtration: 1x Fx5 and 1x Nautilus 2700
Frequency of filter cleans: Every 6-8 months or so
Frequency and % volume of water changes: 50% weekly 
Last water change: Today
PH: 6.75. (Have Co2 running on tank)
KH: Not sure.
GH: Not sure.
Nitrite: 0  
Nitrate: ~10-20 (Haven't tested nitrate in quite a while...) 
Ammonia: 0 
Phosphate: Not sure.
Water temp: ~25ºc
Medications used recently to date: Levamisole to try treat it + treating atm with octozin 
Any recent changes..new fish/filters/power outages etc etc: None

Angel has been moved like... 20 minutes ago to a 3ft fully cycled quarantine tank. Currently treating the tank with octozin. Angel is alone in the tank which is being filtered by an aquis 700 + a sponge filter. Everything else is pretty much the same. Suspecting that it's a swim bladder problem, can anyone confirm. If so, what should I do? Have been trying to feed peas but has not been eating them.

#2 Gav79

Gav79
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Quite possibly swim bladder problem. Make sure if feeding it peas that they are de-shelled and soft (boiled first) but if Angel still not eating maybe try Epsom salts?! I had Angels in the past that did similar actions, quarantined them and fed on peas for a day or two and were fine.

It may even get a little stressed being removed from community tank and thrown into one on its own so I used to keep the lights out.

Edited by Gav79, 21 May 2017 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users