Photo

What's Your Favourite Fish To Watch

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 simmoman

simmoman
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

I just love watching the fish swim, they're in the tv room and much preferable to watch even though there's only one station.
I really like my 25cm goldspot swimming, just like watching a rag moving around.
Clown Loaches fabulous fun guys to watch and petricola synodontis again really eye catching.
My number one goes to clown loaches.
What's yours and what do you like about them.

#2 joey

joey
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

absolutely love watching my pair of black clownfish swim through their anemone.
They get really angry at others that come close to the anemone aswell haha, feisty little buggers

#3 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Would have to be my 38cm sailfin pleco even installed moon lighting just so I could watch him once the lights go out lol

#4 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Gotta love watching my Simochromis and Tropheus , they are always active chasing each other and darting through rocks

#5 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

It's a draw between my flamebacks & plecos. The flamebacks are really active and feisty, always chasing each other. Plecos because they change colours so much and sometimes even just seeing one is a treat because they hide away haha.

#6 simmoman

simmoman
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

38 cm sailfin? Boy am I going to be trouble when mine gets to that size, more population reduction than I thought. They say a goldspot is up to 25cm, anyone got bigger.

#7 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yeah Bickley's Plecco is a freaking beast!!!

My favorite fish are my Kigoma frontys, they remind me of grumpy old men!! smile.gif although I've just got some tropheus Ilangi and there gorgeous fish to watch smile.gif

Like Joey my black clown was so funny, he was to big for his favorite coral so would just bury his face in it and leave his back half hanging out biggrin.gif

#8 garlic shrimp

garlic shrimp
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

i love to watch all my fish but i must say my ligning blue fronty is absolutely awesome to watch ,he's so graceful moving around
the tank,beautiful colour and nice size of aproximately 22cm .
also my decorus catfish never stop and everyones favourite i think,,,clown loaches,very entertaining,
cheers,
Con.

#9 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

id say mine is my 25cm green severum... front on he looks just like paul of the movie..paul.

the fact he gets himself into small places is so fun to watch, he always forgets how big he is.

#10 joey

joey
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Riggertron @ Nov 7 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he was to big for his favorite coral so would just bury his face in it and leave his back half hanging out biggrin.gif

HAHA exactly!

#11 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

i like aiming a powerhead at the surface of the tank and watching gouramis try and build a bubble nest... u got this bro!!! just keep BUBBLING!!

#12 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

i like watching a 3cm Gold occie boys smashing a 25cm B.tricoti .............. and anything else that comes near his fry

Cheers
Steve Green

#13 fishking123

fishking123
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

i love to see my goldspot swim he is sooo cute he is 20+ i think he is at the 25cm mark....

#14 simmoman

simmoman
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

I don't if my wife thinks our goldspots are cute. Somehow seeing him hanging there with his mouth sucking onto the glass doesn't make her feel good eludes me.
Gotta love our glass suckers

#15 Ham

Ham
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Ts fish with caracture

#16 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Gotta agree with steve on this one, occys and multis have got to be some of the most interesting and interactive fish that you can get.

I love watching my 30cm mangrove jack cruising around his tank though, hes a freaking unit and is like a big aquatic puppy dog with a bad attitude. Im sure he watches me more than I watch him though, he either really likes me or wants to eat my face. Im not game to find out which haha.

#17 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Occies for personality. Tropheus for colony interaction.

Tang featherfins in breeding dress and dancing around the tank drawing the girls back to their pit my fav to watch.

#18 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Me L no's as it's such a pleasure to get a glimpse of them. cheers steve

#19 Echo2k3

Echo2k3
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I find myself always watching my 20cm Black Ghost Knife fish and my 3 clowns loaches. The biggest loach and my knife fish always hang out together.

#20 simmoman

simmoman
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

I have 7 loaches and you should see them pigging out on zucchini (of course some of you know exactly what I'm talking about), all of them going for it. When one has had his fill you see him just lying there motionless until the food goes down a bit and then back at it again. Impossible to get bored with these guys. Don't know what's going to happen when I have 7 large loaches pigging out, maybe a zucchini each.

Edited by simmoman, 16 November 2011 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users