• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Johno1982

Johno1982
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (drukqs2369 @ Nov 6 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's only a 4 x 2 x 2 and i don't plan on adding too many more

today i bought another JD that was looking really good (same size as the pic at the top)

another bigger blue acara (who's been lock mouthing with my other JD haha)

i bought two of these hybrid things the guy wasn't sure what they were but they are definitely crossed with convicts & they look really nice

i bought another synspilum, a little smaller than the other one but i plan to get rid of the other one cause the new one has a lot nicer colours

i swapped my bigger red oscar for a really nice looking smaller tiger oscar (i'm very picky with oscars)

i also went back to the shop i bought the electric blue JD that died from and told em (not to complain really just to say i'm devvo'd) and they gave me a really nice discount so i bought 2 more & put them up in my standard 4 foot with silver dollers, a chelceus & some other tropicals.. hopefully they do well in their and bulk up quite a lot more before i can put them into my bigger tank

basically i might be looking for a red texas & a red terror & i might just leave it at that

all up it's about 15 fish i'll have in their plus two 25cm fairly large plecos

i had a FH in a community tank that loved his food but never caused any troubles & never received any troubles either but he was really dull coloured

i know u can get nice calm ones but it seems the better and more beautiful their colours the more crazy and violent they become

oh and i also bought 4 small tropheus for my little jebo tank

i kinda actually wish i bought a few more because they're really nice looking

Hey
, if you put a red terror ( festae ) in there you can kiss your other cichlids good bye they don't get the name for nothing wink.gif they will also go nuts because your tank won't be big enough for a pair your looking at 6ft by their selfs, I currently have a few but they are 2-3" ATM once they pair I'll have to remove the rest of them and they will have the tank to their selfs they pair for life smile.gif hope this helps and possibly deters you from wanting to put some with your current setup. Sorry man but festae aren't something to be taken lightly

Regards
Johno

#42 scotty81

scotty81
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Johno, the last post in this thread was 18 months ago, good advice but maybe a tad to late haha!!

Edited by scotty81, 15 June 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#43 Johno1982

Johno1982
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

*face palm myself* DOH!!! My bad lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users