Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm there, gonna be great

#22 Cam85

Cam85
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm here already haha all set up looking forward to a decent turnout hopefully.

#23 shep

shep
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thanks to the committee for organising the talk . And thanks to willem foraking the trip .
I was a bit shocked by how few people were actually there.
But still an enjoyable night .
I want a south American set up now :-)
Cheers guys

#24 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

It was a great two talks and a comical night, however it has made me consider closing down my breeding room

#25 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Spewing I had to miss it.

What's your reasons for wanting to stop breeding ?

#26 shep

shep
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I won't be telling my wife everything about the cichlidarium talk, that's for sure.

#27 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

It's not a case of not wanting to breed the fish it's a case of I don't want the concicuences of having my set up where I have it, but not having a different location available means close down try again later. I guess I could set up in my display but that could have negative results also. His story was so devistating, may be due to not enough BLUE fish in his aquariums

#28 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hey Bowdy there's lots of remarks from Androo that you probably wouldn't understand... they're those "you had to be there" moments.

Agreed that numbers were down compared to previous talks of this calibre. Being straight after the long Easter weekend may have worked against us. Is definitely important that people make an effort to het to these events as we always make a loss but we don't want it to be too much of one. It could restrict future opportunities.

Thanks again Willem. Was good to hear your stories both from a hobbyist perspective as well as all your exhibitions through Central America collecting and filming all those sweet cichlids.

Daz

#29 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Willem was a great talk , cheers for the DVD ! I might watch it when the painter have given my back my lounge room

#30 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

What I liked was that if you wanted some obscure fish, you could go to Honduras/Rwanda and catch them and bring them home and providing they were not protected/endangered, you could just take them home and stick them in your aquarium. Imagine that.

#31 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

What a fantastic night. Thanks to Willem for making the effort to come to Perth and to the Committee for organising the event. I would highly recomend the DVDs and for those in the east who have the opertunity to hear Willem speak to attend. A very entertaining presentation with some amazing photos and video clips and some of the best fish you will see.

Tony

#32 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

It was a great night. Finished pretty late, but I really enjoyed it. It was good to chat to a few people I have never met before. Glad I got both DVD's. Willem has a really good sense of humour. I had a few good laughs, especially about the blue fish. Can't believe what happened in the Cichlidarium. The underwater videos were fantastic too.

#33 Willem Heijns

Willem Heijns
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I had a great time. I'll bring some firecrackers to celebrate on my next visit.

Anyone who has missed out on the DVD's: I'll be glad to ship them. Shoot me a message and I'll tell you what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users