Beware Scammer/fraud: Joel S Mccorkindale Pls Pass On

SCAM FRAUD JOEL MCCORKINDALE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#41 Frontosaman

Frontosaman
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Lol sorry guys, I would just hate to see this forum closed down. If I was the admin I would set up a private thread with restricted access, so as to not breach any privacy laws by having this in a public forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Screw him, he doesn't deserve any favours lol

#43 virgy

virgy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

to my knowledge, no privacy laws are being broken

Sometimes forums can get shut down if someone says things that are defamatory ( ie wrong ).

Luckily this is all public knowledge, for the public good, and true.

Neill,

I really hope your anger is just that. I rang the detectives too and told them i was in contact with Joel as he scammed people daily.

They know about him and told me they would find him and lock him up..

This is definitely a criminal matter.

In Victoria 

Crimes Act s 81

Obtaining property by deception

CRIMES ACT 1958 - SECT 81

Obtaining property by deception

S. 81(1) amended by Nos 9576 s. 11(1), 49/1991 s. 119(1) 
(Sch. 2 item 40), 48/1997 
s. 60(1)(Sch. 1 item 59).

(1)     A person who by any deception dishonestly obtains property belonging to another, with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to level 5 imprisonment (10 years maximum).

(2)     For purposes of this section a person is to be treated as obtaining property if he obtains ownership, possession or control of it, and "obtain" includes obtaining for another or enabling another to obtain or to retain.

(3)     Subsections (12) and (13) of section 73 shall apply for purposes of this section, with the necessary adaptation of the reference to appropriating, as it applies for purposes of section 72.

S. 81(4) substituted by No. 36/1988 s. 6.

(4)     For the purposes of this section, "deception"—

(a)     means any deception (whether deliberate or reckless) by words or conduct as to fact or as to law, including a deception as to the present intentions of the person using the deception or any other person; and

(B)     includes an act or thing done or omitted to be done with the intention of causing—

(i)     a computer system; or

(ii)     a machine that is designed to operate by means of payment or identification—

to make a response that the person doing or omitting to do the act or thing is not authorised to cause the computer system or machine to make.

S. 82 amended by No. 7876 s. 2(3), substituted by Nos 8280 s. 10, 8425 s. 2(1)(B).

I'm in Melbourne,

according to court documents

http://www.magistratescourtvic.ozehosting.com.au/cgi-bin/mc_crim_list.pl?court=010&date=26062014

a Certain Mr M is due in court on Monday

I'm in melbourne, so i'll be going along to see what happens, maybe even putting the word out to the police that this guy is around and should be locked up for his own safety.

I'll keep you posted.

#44 virgy

virgy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

if you want a depressing read

check out the Victorian Sentencing Manual for these kinds of offences

http://www.judicialc...x.htm#12418.htm

Fraud happens way too often, and sometimes on bigger scales...

#45 litigator666

litigator666
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

i agree that we have laws Frontosaman and we need to observe it.  

This is not the only thread Ive started BUT this is the only existing as the other places ive placed it got deleted for the reason that (1) not classifieds - not for sale (2) they don't want to get involved and don't care at all - isolated case (3) they don't want to defame the refutation of this Joel (4) hamper the police from investigating it etc..  Even my own state forum deleted my earlier post but currently allowing it now since they see that I'm not joking and this guy is real - it was slowly accepted.   

the intention of the thread is keep people aware/vigilant of his modus operandi and details (specially he is using the same details all the time).

The guy was already arrested but got out on bail and now in hiding.  The case is now with the Crime Investigation Unit (CIU) but progress is noticeably slow - not a priority case.  Honestly, if I can do something this person already had an "unfortunate accident" but we have rules to follow.  I don't think of recovering my money anymore and just want people to be aware and not be a victim like me.

Closing/deleting this thread would mean that Perthcichlid.com,au ' s don't care about the situation similar to what happened on the other forums I posted to. I do appreciate that this is still here and had a few people contacting me that they seen this post and have avoided the transaction (but some got scammed since they were too late to read this). 

at the end of the day, it's the Admins decision to do what's necessary.

#46 nserve

nserve
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi all,

summary........

I had been in contact and talking to this liar and theif. I did try to cut through and even offer my help but to no avail. I told him I would help him as he did ask me for help over the phone in a conversation.

I suggested that I can not help him whilst I am still upset at him as he has my money so suggested to Joel I would and can help if he returns my money.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

The correct advice/help would be to hand himself in, he has a child, so one would think dealing with what he has done then starting over again fresh would give him his life back.

Handing himself in would work in his faviour in Court.

When it all comes down to it, I think there is a lesson here... Simply... NEVER PAY MONEY IN TO A STRANGERS ACCOUNT.... I was a fool to do that, lesson learnt.

HOWEVER, this does not suggest that contacting people by text message in answering to thier add on gum tree and fraudulantly being a LIAR and suggesting to pay money in to an account as they have your Item, but NEVER intended on refunding the money or NEVER had the Items in the first place...... GUESS this is easyer for crooks rather than holding upa service station for only $50 bucks. :)

Neil.

Edited by nserve, 25 June 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#47 litigator666

litigator666
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

You're doing well Neil on your "anger management".  You can be a police asset/"negotiator".  

Some movie producers may pick these case up and we can all see it on the big screen.  

Edited by litigator666, 19 June 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#48 nserve

nserve
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hi all,

anger management :)  I have tried so hard to help this guy, he had cried out for help to me..... I thought I could help this young 20 year old.

I WAS WRONG.

After many, many text messages and calls, I TRIED, I WAS WRONG there is no helping some people.

Neil.

Edited by nserve, 25 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#49 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Screw the system, find him and make him dissapear!

#50 nserve

nserve
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hi,

there are people looking for this man as we write our posts, not to harm him intensionally in ANY WAY but to report  and advise the police of his location OR restrain him and take him to the local police station.

The people that are looking for him are very capable of doing this with out to much damage.

They are trained in crowed control/security and have self defence training... IE second dan Black belt.

Neil.

Edited by nserve, 25 June 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#51 nserve

nserve
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Deleted as the info was of no use at all.

AS I say.... YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK. :)

Neil.

Edited by nserve, 25 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#52 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

You could try holding his head under water though... he may drink, he may not...

#53 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Sounds like he is setting you up to be scammed again. Never trust a liar, THEY LIE.

#54 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

a leopard never changes its spots :)

and a 5 meter crocodile will always eat you :)

#55 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

"I'm going to try and help this worried young individual that ripped me and others off"!!! What a load of shit that sounds like. Joel is so smart I bet he could even make a fake account on here to sell us some sob story or just rub it in that you guys were stupid enough to give him money, he will keep on scamming people. I suggest if you get your hands on him, twist his skinny little head off

Edited by Shane-o88, 21 June 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#56 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Feed him to the pigs.

#57 virgy

virgy
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

He didn't turn up to Court today.. Seems to be quite a number of matters pending

#58 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hopefully Neil got him ;)

#59 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

He have a post address? Happy to look into sourcing some anthrax.. Just label the letter with 'Money you haven't rightfully earned' and he will open it without hesitation lol

#60 nserve

nserve
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi all,

as above mentioned, A lepord will never change his spots is TRUE, HOWEVER hey may change his character.

This is what I tried, but again there is just no helping some.

Neil.

Edited by nserve, 25 June 2014 - 12:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users