• Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Follow the link and vote Yes or No.

http://au.news.yahoo...08-66c8f0e449a3

#2 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Labor is committing suicide!. The independants might are hanging themselves to.

To everyone that voted labor, a carbon tax is what you deserve. I hope the $200 compensation package cuts it. Everyone that is doing something with themselves, again get shafted.

#3 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

You know, if 100% of the tax raised went towards renewable energy research and development, I would be for it.
But to me it is just another attempt of labor to bring the budget into surplus by charging us more.

Pity Tony Abbott is such a tool, it looks like an excellent way for labor to get themselves kicked out.

#4 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

There is a much scarier money grabbing efforts by the labour party going on, and Im much more worried about the coal seem Gas drilling that Ive heard the red headed scrotum faced witch and her bald headed piglet have green lighted, after seeing the devasting effect this practice has on the land, personally if I was a farmer I would shoot anyone that tried to drill for coal seam gas on my property.

Labour will poison much of our country by allowing this devastating practice that pumps tonnes of poisons into the ground and destroys the water and the land, pollutes the air and effects the health of locals, I cant talk about it to much, the thought of it pushes me to violent outrage. This party isnt just bankrupting the nation, they are poisoning it as well, they sicken me.

Brett Im just wondering if all the greenies are now regretting voting for the labour/green coalition? they seem to be a disaster for the environment.

#5 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

No regrets Den. My reasons for voting Greens wasn't to get Labor in power - that was just the way it played out. I wouldn't expect we would have any better outcomes for our environment had the Libs won the last election. In fact I would have expected much worse going by recent history and the obvious shortcomings of their current leader.

#6 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

does it really matter if we want a carbon tax or not..... we're getting it anyway.... if labor didnt do it the libs would do it just the same only worse.... who knows....

i still think we are better off with the devil we know than the one we don't......

#7 Junglefish

Junglefish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 9 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the red headed scrotum faced witch and her bald headed piglet

Haha!! Love your work Den!!! Couldnt have said it better myself smile.gif

#8 Rod

Rod
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Yes and NO

I think a carbon tax is stupid in isolation.....if our trading partners don't have it then......what the?

but if the stupid government wants it....to keep the Greens Happy....then do it quickly....so it takes uncertainty out of the market and get the economy moving

The Chinese must be having a Good old belly laugh.....we dig up megatons of coal to sell to them then tax our own industries to use it!

Fish keeping is becoming a very expensive hobby.....

#9 Rod

Rod
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've been reliable informed that a company that manufactures bottles in Australia will be hit with $5m carbon tax.....

Their solution will be to take the jobs off shore (import bottles)......saves them $5m + they can sell their real estate

This Government hasn't got a clue!

#10 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

http://www.sbs.com.a...round-the-world

There are a number of countries that already have some form of carbon tax in place. It is not my intention to comment on the effectiveness across these countries, you can all read and research that for yourselves.....OR CAN YOU?

Herein lies the problem. Many Australians seem incapable of seeing themselves as part of the global village, and have a 'knee jerk' reaction that is often uninformed, and is extremely ethnocentric. I would ask people to start listening to a range of news sources that provide a range of views not just mindless polls where people react with little or no information to back it up. If people think that they will get nothing out of it, of course they will vote 'no'

This is not just relating to Carbon Tax. It seems to be a disease that is rife in our community.

I have said it once, I will say it again, opinions are like a holes....everyone has one. What people don't have is the ability to look at the pros and cons and make an informed decision.

I have just installed lots of solar panels and a big assed converter. I would like to see taxes that are directed to assist people to do that.

There are big companies, and I mean BIG companies waiting in the wings with renewable, sustainable energy solutions. It's just a matter of time.

Nothing will stop this tax going through in some form or another, and I totally agree with Rod...get it done.
Get used to it.....it will just become another GST narrative to add to the history books.

Regards,

Donna

*edit: spelling

Edited by Donna, 12 July 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#11 Rod

Rod
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

I agree Donna....

It's probably the same ignorant dumb buggers who are now voting against the carbon tax that voted the stupid Labor Party into government!!

Certainly wasn't me!
biggrin.gif

Edited by Rod, 12 July 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#12 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

We are all being screwed by a couple of hillbilly independants, in case you havent noticed, the carbon tax is just one of many sausages we are taking in the rectum, by these SOBs!!!....

Our forefathers gave their blood to fight for our Democratic way of life, Democracy I thought was giving everyone a say, where the majority voice is heard together with the smaller voices and a path for the nation is carved wide enough for all to follow, but thanks to independants empowered by voters this is no more, balance is lost, a weakness in the system exposed, a couple of hillbillies backed by a few thousand Country bumkin voters now can hold the entire Nation to randsom at their will, on every agenda!

What we have these days is not a democracy, its a "demograbsy", these tiny electorates represented by pea brained independants grabbing what looks like more than their fare share, and together with a small party of environemental extremists now rule the path the whole Country takes, these small groups who now hold the country to randsom whenever they want something, can take as much as they want, and what makes this easier for them is the incompetant and powerless major party willing to give the independants and Greens anything in order to keep their vote, wether good or bad for the majority, because its now the minority that rules, and the majority has lost its voice.

Not even criminals in criminal organisations could act in such a braison way as the independants do, considerations towards ones own mortality keeps the criminals in check when they do business amongst each other, I see these new independant politicians as criminals with superpowers. I think these hillbilly independants are happy for the carbon tax, my guess is they know the Country areas will prosper and the cities will suffer from the tax, so they couldnt care less, because all of a sudden planting trees can make you money, guess what areas that happens in?

But not to worry, the people can see whats going on, theyve had enough, the libs even with Abbott would win an election any day of the week, and if they can get a better leader it will be a major swing back to the people who know how to run a Country, not this bunch of pot smoking hippi wanna be Communists who end up in the labour party, who couldnt run a greasy stick up a dead dingos back side.

The only problem we have is the damage these hillbillies and the red headed bag lady can do until the next election comes, alot of it is irreversable, or will take a long time to fix, the next election cant come soon enough,

#13 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

There will be a carbon tax, it exists outside of politics. The only thing left to do now is see who can gain ascendancy and take advantage of the implementation. If it does not come in during Gillard's government, it will be interesting to see how long someone like Abbot will be able to hold out. By all indications, it is not far off.

It is in Abbots best interest to say he doesn't want it, so that he can look clean when it comes in, IF it happens during the current government's reign. If Gillard does not manage to pull it off, it is unlikely Abbot will be able to stop it anyway. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Den, the Westminster style of government that people supposedly fought and died for is only one form of democracy. There are many others, and that is what I mean when I invite people to undertake comparative studies of governments. For example, I believe Sweden to be an exemplary country in terms of their consensual government, their health and education systems and for the icing on the cake, apparently they all look good naked!

I think it is time for some rational exploration of the pros and cons of many issues not just of the carbon tax. Picking up your petticoats and running into the street screaming is no way to deal with impending change. If there are people out there who haven't even considered both sides of the argument, then it is up to you to find more information on the subject.

Really laughed loudly at the Channel Nine News Poll smile.gif A classic knee jerk reaction that indicates a clearly uneducated public.

Regards,

Donna

#14 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

It's human nature not to like change, as it's political nature to take the opposite view. Mother nature will have the final say. cheers steve

#15 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Great point Steve, and well said. However, I am not sure people are resistant to change. I think we are highly adaptable, resilient creatures and we undergo many changes in our lives that we take on with barely a whimper. After all, good men get married everday wink.gif The only constant is change.

However, I have noticed when implementing and managing change, that it has to be done in a way that ensures people have some control over the process and that they are supported with information that is clear, precise and lacks hysteria. People also do better when they see a need for change. I think Abbot and the Government have done a really appalling job of providing clear and precise information that will either indicate a need for change, or indicate a need not to change. Unless we actively pursue both sides of the argument ourselves, we cannot even rely on the people who run the country, or those who aspire to run the country, to give us accurate information.

That is what I object too.....my opinion on the issue is neither here nor there...but I resent the amount of self education I have done on this topic.

Regards,

Donna

*edit: grammar

Edited by Donna, 12 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#16 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

scientists are still not entirely in agreeance with this phenomina of global warming.... solar flares have more impact on the worlds temperature.... pffft carbon tax... load of hog wash!!!! thats my ruly uneducated comment for the day!!! smile.gif

scientists are still not entirely in agreeance with this phenomina of global warming.... solar flares have more impact on the worlds temperature.... pffft carbon tax... load of hog wash!!!! thats my ruly uneducated comment for the day!!! smile.gif

#17 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

So Donna is more aware of the issue that most of us ? Globle village, tell that to the chinese and the american. I am a forigenr learning english from carboard boxes supplied to the refugee camps by the UN so I am miss informed. did some one said that under an hour an active vocanol can polute more than we can do in a few deca...ah bugga 10+ years and Johnno said something about solar flares melt more snow than our heaters..Look like Donna only honourble way out with this stupid mop is suiaci or otherwise you will going down with the rest of us fool..ha..ha... Technology, my b### with in a day of releasing the IPat the chinese already got their own IPOCK so who is going to re-enforce copyright in china? talk to the 4millions chinese armed to teeth and they now got Nulear just Like our big brother. hand up anyone purchased aquarium stuffs with the intetion to save the the planet and hand up buy becuase it cheaper and made in China.....Tonnes of coal billion barels of oil shiped to china so they can produce electric sola panels to that we can put on top of our roof and feel good about it....a tax is a tax regardless in any shapes or forms...we can begin the protest by not buying any more aquarium products that made in china...today...ha..ha..

Edited by kangakoi, 13 July 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#18 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi kangakoi and everyone,

I never gave my opinion on Carbon Tax. I think it is probably irrelevant. I am not aware of any issue any more than anyone else, that's what worries me. We can't get accurate information from any source, and this Carbon Tax and later Carbon Trading will come to pass regardless of what you or I think.

Sorry, I don't get why I am a fool? From what you have written, I think I agree with you on most of your points anyway, sorry about that wink.gif

You are so right about China and its rapid industrialisation. It is going to have a huge impact on the world, and has already! I wonder how easy it would be to boycott Chinese products?? It is an interesting question. I completely agree about my Solar Panels and was laughing about that to myself the other day. Fact is, they took energy to make, and may not have been made efficiently. I get that. Hopefully though, what is saved will offset what is lost. Believe me, I do not feel good about myself, but was making a quick remark about renewable and sustainable energy sources. I understand we are a long way off from making effective changes. Don't worry, I know I can't justify my existence.

I was listening to a guy on the radio saying that if you lower your heater by one degree and put on a jumper you will reduce your energy intake significantly. Again I laughed to myself. My extra jumper was probably made in China, inefficiently, using coal as an energy source, and then shipped here, again, inefficiently. It was probably also made by someone who was not given a fair wage to make it. We are definitely in a transitional phase in terms of getting it right energy wise, and from a humanitarian point of view, we are even further off smile.gif

As for things beyond our control that impact on climate change, these certainly need to be factored in. Trouble is, aside from the Solar Cycle a lot of them are difficult to predict!

I was reading a conspiracy theory today that the myth of Climate Change has been created, and in place since 1961. The goal, simply put, to give us something other than war that will bring unity to the whole world so that the New World Order is easier to put in place. I wonder what you think about that? One of my personal conspiracy favourites is that the Americans hate the Muslims so much, they are trying to cripple the oil industry quickly in order to bring them to their knees! Again, if China industrialises to the point where they rely totally on non renewable energy sources, what better way to bring them down when the energy is cut off? Who really knows?

Whatever my thoughts, there are forces at work far beyond my control. I can't change much. I think we are less capable of making changes now because we lack information, or have so much, we can't sort it...people give up, and governments roll on. Their agenda however, is not about representing their electorates. I totally agree with Den there....there are higher, hidden agendas. Meanwhile, we squabble, scream smile.gif I have no answers, only questions. I wish I did.

Regards,

Donna

Edited by Donna, 13 July 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#19 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Donna,

Sorry for what been said. most of the good speaches done by the "great leaders' of the word were draped by a pearson whose read and understood history well our beloved priminiter is just wonna to sale her goods with a few speaches with points like 'moving forward' for the future and with australian and for australian. hitler done it, chairman mao and uncvle Ho did it stalin did it and the catholic church still doing it(they're saleing the product called heaven). they are all evil sale men. a tax is a tax regardless of any shapes or forms.

#20 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Perhaps it's the aliens changing the climate to make it more hospitable for their invasion.The truth is out there, cheers Mulder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users