Greetings From Bulgaria!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 nixanbal

nixanbal
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

Hello guys!

My name is Nikola and I'm one of the creators of the Bulgarian site and forum for african cichlids - www.AfricanCichlids-BG.com

I stumbled upon this beautiful forum while searching for photos, which we need to illustrate some of our articles. It's just that some species are not so popular among us in Bulgaria and that's why we search and ask other people/sites if they would allow us to use theirs...

I would like to ask you all as well! If you could help us with a few shots for articles from time to time, I and all of our readers, I believe, will really appeciate it! Under each photo we will post of course the name of the photographer and the name of this forum as well.

Thank you all for your time, it is really interesting for me to read some of your topics here, regarding the african cichlids!

Best regards,
Nikola

#2 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

Hi Nikola

Welcome to the PCS!

Let us know what species you're after and hopefully our members will have some pics for you.

Daz smile.gif

#3 Warby

Warby
  • Validating

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hey there, welcome to the PCS.

Just wanted to say I had a quick look at your website and while all of the text is gibberish to me since I can't read or speak Bulgarian haha, it is a beautifully presented site. Very nice layout smile.gif

-Dave

#4 Hydonia

Hydonia
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

#5 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi Nikola and welcome.

I can get you photos of:
Labidochromis caeruleus
Labidochromis sp Mbamba
Nimbochromis Venustus
Pseudotropheus acei "msuli"
Pseudotropheus sp 'zebra long pelvic'
Copadochromis borleyi "Kadango Red"
Chilotilapia rhoadesii
Protomelas taeniolatus
Placidochromis phenochilus "Tanzania"
Neolamprologus multifasciatus
Synodontis multipunctatus

just let us know what you're after smile.gif

#6 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi mate welcome to the forums.

X2 to what dazza said let us know what you want and we will try to help.

#7 nixanbal

nixanbal
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys! Thank you for your warm welcome!

I'm really happy to know so much people offered their help! Thank you, really!

Well, currently we need some photos of Labidochromis sp. Mbamba and Labeotropheus trewavasae Chilumba - yesterday I've actually posted the first article with photos by bigskycichlids, but these are with watermark and I honestly don't really like them this way. It just looks better when the name/logo/site is under the picture, not on it. The guys there of course gave us a permision to use them. smile.gif

Anyways, I wanted to say that photos of all african cichlids species are welcomed, as we also have a Gallery, which is this menu section: http://www.africanci...bg.com/galeriya All images there are of our users, but I'll be happy to be able to post some of your shots as well, in order to represent more species on the Bulgarian site. In the Gallery we usually need at least 6 photos of a single species in order to create its own subfolder. As for the articles - even 2-3 photos are enough, as far as they look nice of course. Cause we have some Bulgarian users with Mbamba for example, but they can't really take good photos and they doesn't look OK to be posted on the site.

So that my request... Thanks a million once again!!!

If it's OK for you, you could send shots to my e-mail: nikolabalov@gmail.com or post them here, as I'll be constantly checking this forum! smile.gif

#8 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Welcome Nikola!

Perhaps you could jot down a short list of common cichlids that people are keeping in Bulgaria. It would be interesting to see the differences and similarities between the hobby here and over there.

Do you guys keep South/Central Americans too?

#9 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Welcome Nikola

congrats on your forum , you are more than welcome to use any of my pics and hope all goes well for you

Cheers
Steve Green

#10 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Warby @ Nov 11 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to say I had a quick look at your website and while all of the text is gibberish to me since I can't read or speak Bulgarian haha, it is a beautifully presented site. Very nice layout smile.gif

Try this link for an Englist translation - http://translate.goo.....hlids-bg.com/

Daz smile.gif

#11 AfricaFan

AfricaFan
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have the fish listed below and can get you photos, although some of the other members here have much better camera equipment that me.

Cheers,
Brenton

#12 nixanbal

nixanbal
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Nov 11 2009, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Nikola and welcome.

I can get you photos of:
Labidochromis caeruleus
Labidochromis sp Mbamba
Nimbochromis Venustus
Pseudotropheus acei "msuli"
Pseudotropheus sp 'zebra long pelvic'
Copadochromis borleyi "Kadango Red"
Chilotilapia rhoadesii
Protomelas taeniolatus
Placidochromis phenochilus "Tanzania"
Neolamprologus multifasciatus
Synodontis multipunctatus

just let us know what you're after smile.gif

Hey Tim!

I don't know if I could turn to everybody, so as you offered - I'll turn to you smile.gif I'll be really happy if you could help us with shots of the Mbamba species! As I said, we already posted the article, but I'm trying to find better photos and without those watermarks sad.gif

If you have any time, I'll appreciate it if you make some shots also of the other species - or let's say of some of these, as they are a really long list of great fish! The Zebra long pelvic for example is something you can't get here in Bulgaria (and I LOVE this species!). But our market is small anyways. What's good however is we started importing fish from Germany and they import strait from Africa, which is just great! The African cichlids they offer are significantly better looking than anything you could find here, so I believe they really sell fish of good quality.

As for the species you could find in Bulgaria.. You could check our catalogs, but they are not updates since ages, so there's a lot more to them. But just for a base:
Malawi http://www.africanci.../katalog-malavi
Tanganyika http://www.africanci...alog-tanganajka

Of course we have South/Central Americans as well, but our forum is only for Africans, so I'm not really into any other fish - I believe some of you can understand me smile.gif) It's an obsession! smile.gif

So, plaese, guys - just any good photos are more than welcomed! And thank you again for the nice words!

#13 nixanbal

nixanbal
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hey guys!

Sorry for bothering again, but I just wanted to ask once again if someone could help with some images of Labeotropheus trewavasae Chilumba? unsure.gif We still can't find anything good to illustrate the article sad.gif

Labidochromis sp. Mbamba would be great as well!

Please and thanks a lot to anyone who responds!

#14 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hey Nix

Not sure how specific people in Oz can be about the locality of the Labeotropheus trewavasae as AFAIK they're not a regular import from overseas. Most stock would be locally bred.

Feel free to use the pics of my Labidochromis sp. Mbamba. I also have a another male that's been displaying lately so I'll see if I can grab some more photos.

Daz

#15 nixanbal

nixanbal
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Daz! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users