KOI SOCIETY / CICHLID SHOW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:36 PM

Hi Everybody

Just to let you know that this year the Perth Cichlid Society will be participating with the Koi Society of WA in their annual fish show held at the Cannington Greyhoud racecoursee on May 30th 2004, as a special promotion for Cichlids.

There will be judging for the best display and best fish award.

To make this show a success, we would need people to enter displays, perhaps donate time to help out or a loan of tanks or equipment. If you can help, could you please either post here, or email Tony Corr tony.corrATatraustralia.com.au .

Many Thanks

Colleen

#2 Guest_sajica_*

Guest_sajica_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:06 PM

I don't know for sure if I'll be able to help at that time due to tafe, but if I can I'll be there, helping and displaying, and looking at the big koi, as they swim around in the big tank/ pond things :)

#3 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:49 AM

Just like to add a comment that it would be great to see the Society members get right behind the Show. It would be a great boost for the club if it was a success and hopefully become a regular event.

So anyone who would like to display your pride and joy or who can volunteer time, tanks or accessories to the show please put your hand up. Nothing is to big or small.

#4 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:08 PM

Hi Colleen,
Do you know what the response level to this request is? Hopefully lots of people have got on board to help make this a successful day. Do you know how many entrants there are or the number of cichlid displays? It would be embarrassing for the club if the turnout was not encouraging.....hopefully all those who are able to contribute in some small way will do just that.

merjo

#5 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:18 AM

Hi Merjo

I'm afraid I don't know much about it, Tony Corr is organising the whole thing, but I know he is still looking for people to give him a definite idea about displays, etc.

Outside influences notwithstanding, I will probably have a 3'x14"x18" on a stand that someone can use for display if anybody needs it, and may put a small tank of multifasciatus or something similar in, and will be available to help set up displays, man them and dismantle them.

Cheers

Colleen

#6 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:37 AM

The response for the show has been very poor so far.

Anyone interested in displaying their fish, helping out or lending tanks or equipment please e-mail Tony at
tony.corr@bigpond.com.au or tony.corr@atraustralia.com.au

Thanks

#7 d1scuslover

d1scuslover
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

Hi Colleen

I was wandering whether you know any Discus breeders in Perth area. I am having problem in getting good Discus for my aquarium. All the discus offered on sale in pet shop are either stunted, injected with lots hormone and has bad shape. Please let me know, if you or any of your group member keep discus.

Regards,
D1scuslover

#8 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:56 AM

Update on the show:

Have had a lot of interest in the show from both Members and shop sponsors. Its coming close to the time that we need to start working out exactly what will be on show. I would encourage all members to become involved. There will be awards for both Fish and displays in different category's.

The show this year will be heavily advertised and the organizers are expecting a high attendance. There are plans to continue the relationship with the Koi Society and develop the annual show bigger and better each year.

For anyone who would like more details please contact Tony at tony.corr1@bigpond.com.au or call 0401990366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users