Photo

Auto-top Off And Water Change Set Up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kassysimon

kassysimon
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi guys, i know this has been done before but not like this.

I am building a 2000l tank to be installed into a wall.

I have designed an auto top-off and water change system that uses solenoid valves. These are retic valves that usually run from a control box but i want to control them from a light switch type toggle switch.

What i need help with is what part i need to step down the power from mains power to whatever the solenoid requires to activate it.

Im no electrician. these are the details for the solenoid valve and i hope this is what you need to know so you can help me find the right relay or transformer that i need.

Heavy duty standard solenoid:
24VAC, 50/60 cycles, 400mA inrush
current, (0.400A, 9.6VA); 270mA
holding current (0.270A, 6.5VA

i have also attached a plan for what i intend to do. if you have any suggestions, please feel free.

[attachment=14699:ACO_1.PDF]

Thanks.

#2 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

I may be wrong but I'm sure a retic solenoid may not be designed to handle straight 240V why not use online battery operated valve controller sink the two times and have it all running autimatic.

#3 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

It should be easy enough to get a 24VAC transformer.
Instead of connecting to a light switch, why not just get a 24vac plugpack, plug into a power point, and just flick it on when you want to fill up?

If you are really struggling to find a power pack, send me a pm, but I dont order off my supplier very often, so it may take a while to come in.

#4 kassysimon

kassysimon
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

exactly what i plan to do though i am going to isolate the GPO via a light swtich. i just didnt want to go into too much detal.

Cheers..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users