Tanks, Pools And Equipment For Sale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

EDITED WITH PRICES ETC

ALL THE SWIMMING POOLS together are $100= 2 X SWIMMING POOLS WITH PUMPS AND SPARE LINER AND LEGS PLUS LADDERS ETC- The fish and marron are not included

EDIT - THE 6x2x2 is on hold

***ON HOLD**THE 6X2X2 IS $500 WITH STAND, HEATER, LIGHT, TWO 3 FOOT TANKS ON THE SECOND TIER ETC AS DESCRIBED BELOW. The firemouths and tetras are gone. The discus are for sale separately - $50 each (two)***ON HOLD

THE 4X1.5X2 IS $200 WITH STAND, HEATER, LIGHT AND 4 OUTLET PUMP AS BELOW

1. Vinyl Swimming pool 3.6m x .9 meters deep. Intek brand I think. Bought from Kmart a couple years ago for 500 bucks. They are made out of steel posts and rails with a vinyl heavy duty liner. They are great for holding bulk water and are easy to transport around but not so tidy looking in the yard. Don't know if they are worth anything now but you guys might give me some clues? Perhaps just take it away? There are some ladders and things, pumps etc that I never used so much - these were a proper swimming pool of course.

There is also a spare liner and a heap of spare legs and struts for the larger pool as I had two but I emptied one to clean it, left it overnight and a howling gale lifted it up and bent some legs. The koi I need to keep as someone gave them to me, but there are dozens of guppies and mollies in the smaller one that can go with either pool.

2. Vinyl swimming pool - I think 3m x .75 meters (I'll check this) same deal as above otherwise.

3.***ON HOLD*** $500 - 6x2x2 tank on 2 tier stand with 2 (3x2 roughly) tanks on second tier. Second tier is drilled but 6x2x2 isnt yet. Heaps of fittings etc. Not sure what its worth, I'll post exact measurements and details and hope someone makes an offer.
EDIT: I uploaded a heap of pictures of the 6x2 to picasawebs - heres the link;
http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink
Further info;
The tank is a bit more scratched than I remembered. When I cleaned it up close it has a few scratches. I honestly don't notice them standing back but up close they are annoying. If the light is at the back they don't show up much tho. I tried to get some pics but hard to do. I put the light at the front of the tank to highlight them then put it back. Best to inspect the tanks anyway.

The actual dimensions are of the 6x2 are 1809mm long x 583mm wide x 609 deep.
The dimensions of the tanks on the second tier are 850mm long x587 wide by 460 deep.
Overall the stand and tank on top is 1830 mm tall.
You can see the fittings etc in the photos. Basically I put a 50mm hole with a vertical overflow tube in the bottom back 2 corners of the two smaller tanks on the second tier plus a 50 mm hole each corner in the back vertical side of the same tanks for inflow from the 6x2. This may seem strange but the idea was to be able to flow from the 6x2 to the middle tiers then the middle tiers would overflow to a trickle underneath and be able to close the tops off properly rather than just dumping water in the top of the tank. Probably pay to have a look at it anyway but my plan was for a quiet but efficient system.
The light is pretty old but serviceable. I included a pic - one end the plastic cover is missing and it needs a sand back and paint on the metal. Its a full 6 foot unit.
The heater is pretty new and cost a fair bit. Probably a year old.
The boards under the second tier are two thicknesses of marine ply usually used for form work. Expensive but great for the job.
The stand is in excellent condition and no rust I can see. Its probably a couple years old. I (over)built it myself and its square, level and strong as hell. I used square tube so timber cupboards and fascias could be screwed to it easily.
The timber log I got out of the creek here so its been soaked for possibly decades. It seems safe as the tetras and Discus have been in there years with it.
The discus EDIT***will probably not go with the tank***. could be in better shape but they were expensive when i bought them. Cant recall the name, blood something?
The firemouths EDIT ** are gone***
There are undergravels through the 6x2. I think I have some spare new ones that could perhaps go with the 3x2's.
All the lids are there.
The 3 footers are new - brand new from vebas as they custom made for me but I only ever put a batch of firemouths in them then my partner and I started spawning so the aquariums fell into disuse.
I don't know how old the 6x2 is but it doesn't leak, is in 10 mil glass and seems well built with lots reinforcing strips etc.
PRICE is $500****
ON HOLD

4. 4x1.5x2 It's 4 feet long x 18inches wide x 2 feet deep. On metal stand with raw pine cupboard around the stand. Triple drilled for trickle and space in the cupboards for a good sized setup. Pictures shortly.

5. EDIT *** SOLD 3x18x18 twin tanks on 2 tier stand. I put some pics online here;
http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink
This setup is virtually new. I bought it from Vebas I guess less tha n a year ago. They havent had much in them, a few firemouths. Not even gravel. There is a bit of sand and a couple bits of gravel out of the plant pots etc but I doubt there is a mark on the tanks anywhere. They need a dust off tho. The Heto light is also new from Vebas. I'm not sure what this cost me or what its worth. I am still gathering up all my accessories so I guess the price will depend on what bits and pieces, pumps heaters etc that go with it. Let me know what you think its roughly worth though. EDIT SOLD***

Attached Files

#2 captaincurly

captaincurly
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

do you have any 2ft lights?

#3 mikemj

mikemj
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

4x2x2.5 tank on metal stand with raw pine cupboard around the stand. Triple drilled for trickle and space in the cupboards for a good sized setup.

Hey Mate

Interested in the 4ft tank do you have any pics ? Is it 2.5 ft high ?
Please give me a call on 0423895390

cheers
Mike

#4 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hi mate, you will be able to save yourself a whole lot of PM traffic but putting some prices up on your goods.

#5 DaveK

DaveK
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hi
how much for the 6ft tank?

#6 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (highlucks @ May 18 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pm sent

Yeah I know thanks for the reminder. I was kinda hoping people here could tell me what some of this stuff is worth now. I cant say I have much of a clue. Anyway I'll have a go at prices, I guess people will let me know if they are about right.

Also I didn't expect the flood of PM's, I thought "ok I'll just start getting stuff out there and get all the rest of the gear photographed later"...silly me tongue.gif

#7 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Some pics of the 4x18x2. Its painted blue on the back and that is peeling a bit you can see but no leaks etc. Is it worth a couple hundred bucks with the light, heater and 4 outlet resun ( I think) pump?

EDITED _ DISCUS NOT INCLUDED NOW *** I figure the 6x2x2 with the stand and two tanks below would be worth 500 bucks with the newish heater, lights thrown in? The lower tanks are new. All three tanks have full lids and foams so its a good setup on a really good stand. EDIT - Someone is taking the firemouths and others are interested in the discus now so I might sell them separately.

EDIT SOLD ***The 3x18x18 twin tanks on stand is pretty newish, so with the Heto light (new condition) and the 8 outlet resun pump (not sure how old now, a year or two maybe) I figure 300 bucks is pretty cheap. Just the stand, light and tanks are new enough to be good for a buyer looking for brand new condition at roughly half price. i could maybe keep the heto and lower the price. EDIT SOLD ****

The pools I would be happy enough for $100 bucks for the whole lot of two pools plus 2 or 3 pumps, spare liner and legs etc. I think I'll keep the marron and koi out of them but you can have the millions of guppies etc or I can put them in my other pools if you want.

Attached Files

#8 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

This is the blower. It's an LP-40 that i bought from vebas not that long ago. I coudl try and find the receipt to figure out how old it is I guess. I figure under a year but I will try and check. Think it cost me over 300 bucks so how does $150 sound? It runs very quiet and very well. I leave one line completely open as you can see in the photo to reduce pressure as it is too high for the number of lines I have attached and blows my tanks silly.

These are the pumps that go with the tanks as mentioned above. Think they are resun brand.

Attached Files

#9 88holdenvl

88holdenvl
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

Do u still have the 6x2x2 setup mate would b keen to have a look

#10 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (88holdenvl @ May 22 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do u still have the 6x2x2 setup mate would b keen to have a look

EDIT _ ON HOLD NOWYep the 6x2x2 is still here. People are interested in the Discus so they might sell separately and I've offered the firemouths to someone already so they are gone if they want them.

Send me a PM with your phone number if you haven't already and I'll call you tomorrow - though I think someone else wanted to look as well. It might be you I'm thinking of if you PM'd me already - I am kinda struggling with all the messages at the moment so apologies to anyone I haven't answered yet. I'm trying to deal with people first come first served.

#11 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi everyone - sorry for the messy posts.

Anyhow, to tidy up here is a summary of what prices are and whats sold.

6x2x2 SOLD

4x1.5x2 with stand and cabinet, light, heater and 4 outlet pump = $200

3x1x1 SOLD

All the pools and pool equipment = $100

The blower = $150 or make me an offer.

The CF1200 canister filer = $50

The 2 tier 3x18's are SOLD.

THE 2.5 foot on pine stand is SOLD

The 2 foot on cabinet with hood is SOLD

The small tanks on black stand are SOLD.

#12 Paddy

Paddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

Gday mate,

Pm'ed you about the 4" tank and you told me it was sold? Happy to take it if not.

Cheers

#13 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Pm sent regarding canister filter.

#14 Groo

Groo
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Paddy @ May 28 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gday mate,

Pm'ed you about the 4" tank and you told me it was sold? Happy to take it if not.

Cheers

Hi Paddy,
I still have it, I was flooded with PM's for a while there and then got the flu. Well, more of a severe head cold not piggy flu but not taking any chances so haven't let anyone come round for a few days. Anyhow sorry if I confused some answers.

Also I thought you were only after the tank not the stand but if you wanted the whole setup then that would be fine as I don't think anyone has asked me to hold it for them. I'll PM you.

Cheers,
Dan

#15 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Still interested in the canister, another PM sent

#16 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

Need you to text me Dan would be cool