Sump Design, Drilling & Plumbing.
Ever wanted to build your own sump for your aquarium? Not sure where to even start? What design should you go for? What will it cost? Can I drill it myself and attach all the plumbing? Of course you can and Rovik Olsen from PCS is going to show you how it's done.
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, October 4th. The meeting will be held at our new venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.
- This month will be a talk from Rovik Olsen, President of PCS and employee of Aquotix Aquariums, all about Sump Design, Drilling and Plumbing. This will be a talk not to be missed and will commence at 8:00pm. Rovik will discuss sump design and it's construction, different types of sumps available, drilling aquariums, plumbing your aquarium and sump, overflow design and return pumps. This talk will be followed with a short Q&A session for anything you are unsure of. Don't miss this talk!
- There will be a short talk and demonstration on how to use NLS - AlgaeMax Gel and Repashy - Gel Products at home. You can buy these from local stores or sponsors and Mike Conry (Mac) will show you his simple tricks to get the most out of your foods at home.
- We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Crytocara moorii - Malawi Blue Dolphin, kindly donated by PCS Member - Poncho (Brett). We will have a bag of fish to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
- There will be an auction of a new book for the Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. We have a copy of Anton Lamboj's new book up for grabs - Cichlids of Africa Volume 2 - Haplochromines. Please bid and support the cichlid preservation fund which is directly affecting our hobby.
- September 2016 Photo Comp winners will be announced and prizes handed out for our lucky winners from our PCS sponsors - Tropical Food prize pack & New Life Spectrum AlgaeMax pellets & Pet Magic $20 store voucher. Get your entries in fast!
- Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
- Why not enter our October PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Chris 'Sajica' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging.
- The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics.
- In the PCS Kitchen we will have delicious food for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
Please note -
You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, October 4th.
Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.