Malawi Adventure Report.
Ever wanted to dive in Malawi? Ever wondered how deep you'd dive to see an electric yellow in the wild? Ever eaten a Rhamphocromis with Nali sauce? Have you seen the sunset over Namalenji Island while watching Red Empress swimming around? How about releasing endangered species back to the wild while eagles sore above head?
You ALL need to come to our Tuesday, April 3rd - PCS meeting. Mattia Matarrese and Michael Power will be delivering a talk on a recent trip to Lake Malawi for a month along with Brett Brenchley from Perth Cichlid Society. See how 3 Aussies spent a month on the lake with great photos, adventures, stories and footage. 30+ dives on the lake documented and much more.
Find out how your donations to the Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation directly helped us release endangered species back into the wild at Nkhomo Reef. Beautiful farm bred Aulonacara baenschi from wild stock boosting numbers in its endangered home. Listen to stories of how the Stuart Grant Family Trust released 600+ fish back to Taiwanee Reef to help preserve an endangered species of Chidongo saulosi. Watch the footage of these releases and feel pride in the help you have all provided to the Rift lakes and the hobby.
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, April 3rd. The meeting will be held at our venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.
· We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Aulonancara baenschi "Nkhomo" kindly donated by PCS Member - Stormfyre (Mike). We will have a bag of 5 fish around 6cm to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
· Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! See Darryl 'Dazzabozza and Stormfyre' on the night to grab your tickets. Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
· Why not enter our April Malawi PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish from Malawi down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Ash 'Ashram' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging. MALAWI special on the night, only bring Malawi cichlids and catfish/eels.
· The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics. See Craig 'Delapool' on the night to borrow items.
· In the PCS Kitchen we will have some Boerwers sizzle from South African maestro Mac (and Belinda) with Nali Sauce (smuggled straight outta Malawi) and other snacks for you to buy. There will be a variety of styles available. We will also have hot and cold drinks and snacks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
- Special in the PCS Kitchen for the night. Chombe Tea, freshly imported from Malawi by Mattia. Grab a cup it's healthy and delicious and get that Malawi feel.
Please note -
You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, April 3rd.
Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.