Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

A Beginner Fish Nerd Looking To Soak Up Info Like A Sponge!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jodythegoby

jodythegoby
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi there,

I'm a beginner fish nerd who works at the City Farmers in Nedlands. I take my work very seriously and want to give the absolute best advice and support to my customers as I can. I absolutely adore freshwater community tanks with lots of diversity, especially Australian native fish but I am keen to learn about all aspects of fish keeping, especially brushing up on my Cichlid knowledge. I have had a few 90L community tanks in the past but have had to sell them due to accommodation arangements. At the moment I am starting a 60L freshwater from scratch. I dream of having larger tanks but am severely limited with space and funds at this stage. One day though! In the meantime I'll have to make do with hanging out in the fish section all day at work smile.gif

I am so impressed by the huge wealth of knowledge on display in this forum. I am really looking forward to reading up and being a part of this great community.

Looking forward to meeting you all online,

Jody

#2 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

why not get serious and join the club.

club membership entitles you access to over $10,000 worth of REAL BOOKS from people who actually know what they are talking about .

if your genuine , you would not be able to pass this up , possibly the best fish keeping libruary in Australia for free with your membership.

Online is for G33K5

#3 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Also entitles you to 10% discount at our sponsor stores. These guys know there stuff, best quality best service for the best price smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

#4 jodythegoby

jodythegoby
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Thanks guys, yeah I am planning to join up next pay day. Just a bit tight at the moment. Might do it when I come to the next meeting actually. Would be great to meet you all in person. Is the library there at the meetings? How does the library work?

#5 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hi Jody,

Welcome to the forums.

The library is at the meetings. You simply find the book you want and tell the committee member at the desk who will then record you as having it out. Same sort of principle as other libraries really.

Take up some pics of your tank when it's all up and running and post them up on the forum smile.gif

Feel free to PM me or any other committee member if you have any questions about the forum or club.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Regards,

Andrew

#6 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Have never been into that store, may come for a look at some stage.

#7 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

If you're looking to learn more about natives, then come to one of the ANGFA WA meetings. You'll learn plenty, probably have a laugh or two and you've already got an interest in native fish in common.

#8 jodythegoby

jodythegoby
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know ANGFA had their own meetings but I just looked it up then. Thanks for the tip saj! I wish I had known about the native fish in ponds one, I get asked about that at work all the time! Will try to make it to the aquascaping one though, it sounds fun. Do I need to register or anything? Does it cost?

#9 jodythegoby

jodythegoby
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm confused, is the angfa section here the main one or http://forums.angfa.org.au/?

#10 Arcturus

Arcturus

ANGFA President

• Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hi Jody,

Yeah pity you didn't make it to the ponds talk, it was one of my favourites!

You don't need to register for the upcoming talk, just turn up on the night.

ANGFA WA is the state branch of a national organisation, ANGFA

ANGFA WA has a sub-forum on these boards, kindly hosted by the PCS, which deals with local interests

The forums you linked to belong to ANGFA National and serve a global audience. You need to be a National member to post and/or see a lot of the stuff there.

-- Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users