Micro Livebearers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone,

May I ask, have anyone ever seen or know of the Tiger Teddy(Neoheterandria Elegans) and Heterandria Formosa exist in Australia? I got a funny feeling that they are also in the list of Prohibited Import just like Poecilia Wingei(N class Endler). Thank you kindly if anyone could please give some feedback. 

Regards

kanga

#2 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Just to answer the second part of your query fir clarification.... There is no "prohibited import list" as such, just a "white list" of importable species - if it is not on that list, you cant import it into australia.
There is however a "noxious" list for each state, most of which have worked together to hold the same or similar list - of which endlers are not part.
So practically, to can keep these fish if you find them available in Australia - but fisheries do have the power currently to confiscate them if they pose a risk in WA, which I cannot foresee when compared to normal guppies and the diseases that they are known to carry....

#3 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Mr_Docfish,

hihihi...fisheries sound like communist states, lable someone a CIA operative and that person disappeared overnite. I dont think these fish made the "white list" and some how someone got them into Australia they would not dare advertise otherwise they would ended up like shrimp poeple.......I am just very interested that someone have seen or heard of these fish before....and it not nice to say Google..hihihi 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users