Photo

Hi I'm New Here.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi everyone. I new here but not to fish keeping. My passions are keeping and breeding ranchus (a kind of gold fish without a dorsal fin) and orandas. When I look thru' this forum, I hardly find anyone keeping them and I hope I'll not bore anyone with my odd post.
Here is one my pond. tongue.gif
http://www.youtube.c...Mr7e9ADNC6OGUkg

#2 ant86

ant86
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Welcome mate

nice pond, lots of colour.. smile.gif

#3 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Welcome to the forum

#4 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Awesome mate.

Nice to see some more variety on here!

Welcome!

#5 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Hey Jeff welcome to PCS!

never even heard of those before... they look more interesting then a normal goldfish... nice pond

#6 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (ant86 @ Apr 26 2013, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome mate

nice pond, lots of colour.. smile.gif

Thanks mate.

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Apr 26 2013, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the forum

Cheers

QUOTE (SamJohns @ Apr 26 2013, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome mate.

Nice to see some more variety on here!

Welcome!

Thanks Sam, I hope I can generate a bit of interest here. I've known this forum for a long time but didn't join as I'm afraid to be out of place here.

QUOTE (TheTexasCichlidMasacre @ Apr 27 2013, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Jeff welcome to PCS!

never even heard of those before... they look more interesting then a normal goldfish... nice pond

Thanks. They look like Sumo, ugly to some ppl. tongue.gif

#7 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (RanchuJeff @ Apr 26 2013, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone. I new here but not to fish keeping. My passions are keeping and breeding ranchus (a kind of gold fish without a dorsal fin) and orandas. When I look thru' this forum, I hardly find anyone keeping them and I hope I'll not bore anyone with my odd post.
Here is one my pond. tongue.gif
http://www.youtube.c...Mr7e9ADNC6OGUkg

Hi Jeff,

We are here, just not know how to get our hand on some of that "Ugly, Block Head" Ranchu like you have(I counted 10). Glad that you are here, where about are you located, North or South of River?

#8 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hi there, I thought you've given up hobby. I didn't know you are hiding here. Are you still interested in keeping ranchus? I can give you some cbrs from 2012/2013 spawns, I've lots from Thai bloodline. Just Pm me and we talk further huh? smile.gif
Cheers.

#9 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I think it is a good time for you to start a thread on fancy goldfish here to get more goldfish people to come out from the woodwork.....you would have a fun time teaching the fundamental and finer points in Fancy Goldfish keeping...hihihihi.....we could start with, what is a Lion head, what is a Ranchu and LionChu and Top View and Side View.....I am sure Cichlid and L people are also interested to hear what you have to say as well.....Right Guys?..hihi

Edited by kangakoi, 29 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#10 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm sure there are lots of people out there that would like to keep these variety of goldfish that you've mentioned but they don't do so as supply are hard to come by. I was one of those. I was lured back into this hobby after Aquotix started operating and they have brought in quality fish before but not anymore. I was even left high and dry at one time with no fish at all and I have to fill up my tanks tropicals. To save guard this from happening, hence I started breeding them.
With due respect to hobbyist of this forum, I don't think I should go overboard by promoting another less popular species. I know most forums cater for a variety of sections that suits many interests.
As for basic information, there is Goggle to use in the internet smile.gif

Cheers

#11 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I really like fancy goldfish
My favuorite goldfish are the pandamoore
Oh and welcome to PCS!

#12 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

hihi...sound depressing RJ. The joy of fish keeping or for some guys here the needs(like drugs)hahaha. I am feel sorry the shrimp guys and girls at the moment with all of that doors knocking stuffs going on just like living in communist states so if you ever post shrimp forsale then you better move quickly otherwise they will come knocking and drag you out by your hair and shot...hahahaha.....pitty that this happen in Australia....well why not just turn to Goldfish keeping..hahahaha...they are Omnipresent and would save you lots of money in electricity bill in the winter months...you guy may have seen some of fantastic Japanese gardens with goldfish ponds right? such a relaxing atmosphere....Hey RJ, I may have converted some of these hardcore C & L guys..hihi..

Jason,

Panda only good for a while. they will turn red or complete white.

#13 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Jeff... there is a spot you could start the thread that they were talking about

Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs
Use this board for large fish that grow approx. 30cm+ and generally aren't suited to a community aquarium due to aggression or predatory behaviour.

it says odballs aswell so i guess that could cover them sumo lookin things tongue.gif

#14 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Apr 30 2013, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like fancy goldfish
My favuorite goldfish are the pandamoore
Oh and welcome to PCS!

I've kept pandas before but not particularly attached to them. Have you ever or considering keeping oranda or ranchu?

QUOTE (kangakoi @ Apr 30 2013, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hihi...sound depressing RJ. The joy of fish keeping or for some guys here the needs(like drugs)hahaha. I am feel sorry the shrimp guys and girls at the moment with all of that doors knocking stuffs going on just like living in communist states so if you ever post shrimp forsale then you better move quickly otherwise they will come knocking and drag you out by your hair and shot...hahahaha.....pitty that this happen in Australia....well why not just turn to Goldfish keeping..hahahaha...they are Omnipresent and would save you lots of money in electricity bill in the winter months...you guy may have seen some of fantastic Japanese gardens with goldfish ponds right? such a relaxing atmosphere....Hey RJ, I may have converted some of these hardcore C & L guys..hihi..

Jason,

Panda only good for a while. they will turn red or complete white.

When you advertised to sell your stuffs online, there are always risks involved. You never know for sure who is turning up or what are their intentions. I heard of ppl being robbed, carjacked,assaulted and even molested. Most times are ok but... I sympathized the cherry shrimp keeper.

QUOTE (TheTexasCichlidMasacre @ Apr 30 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeff... there is a spot you could start the thread that they were talking about

Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs
Use this board for large fish that grow approx. 30cm+ and generally aren't suited to a community aquarium due to aggression or predatory behaviour.

it says odballs aswell so i guess that could cover them sumo lookin things tongue.gif

Thanks, I think I'll do that, perhaps later the admin can just add goldfish/koi too. smile.gif

#15 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

My first 2 fish that I kept as a kid were a blackmoore and a calico bubble eye goldfish. I have also kept red cap orandas, comets (gold ones, yellow comets, and slate comets), fantails, shubunkins, celestial eyes, ranchus, and lionheads. Now all I keep is cichlids and catfish. I might do another goldfish tank later on, but there are still a lot of different cichlids I would like to keep, and some possibly breed, before getting goldfish again.

As to people getting molested, what the? I haven't been that lucky. Closest I've got is people screwing me on the price of stuff I've tried to sell in the past.

#16 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Crazy forum is back and not easy to use as the old one...

Edited by kangakoi, 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#17 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

it back to work again and with an "Edit" button. Hope it will function like before...

Edited by kangakoi, 03 May 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#18 RanchuJeff

RanchuJeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Now it is very up to date. Good job Admin.

#19 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I have been considering getting into a couple goldies for something different.

#20 kangakoi

kangakoi
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Welcome to the forum.

I have been considering getting into a couple goldies for something different.

what goldfish types are you thinking to get?

Edited by kangakoi, 06 May 2013 - 01:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users