Photo

October Meeting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Edelia

Edelia
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 at the Rotary Hall, Sandgate St, South Perth. See map on Home page for directions. Doors open 7.30pm - meeting starts 8.00pm.

Guest Speaker will be George from Veba's who will be discussing AQUARIUM PLANTS.

NEW FEATURE: our general meetings will now have a Question and Answer forum. This will take place immediately after the talk so we hope all members will take this opportunity to ask any fish-keeping questions they might have.

SHOW TABLE: bring along a fish in a tank to enter this competition. See [url="http://www.perthcich...pic=19416&st=0"[/url] for details.

Don't forget the Member's Prize which must be won on the night so any member at the meeting has a chance of winning!

You can also enjoy our fabulous new supper facilities and the RAFFLE will once again feature a great range of prizes donated by our Sponsors and members. Don't forget if you have any fish you no longer want, you can bring them along and place them on the Raffle Table..

#2 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:04 AM

Just a reminder about the Meeting next Tues. Oct 7th ( for Dazza) smile.gif See home page for details and map.

George from Veba's is bringing several plants to assist in his talk.
After the talk these plants will be donated to the raffle table.

Hope to see you all there.

Col

#3 topline

topline
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

I had not been to a meeting for a long time. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed myself. Meeting and talking to everyone was great. I have no particular interest in Plants and have none in my tank, but full marks to George for an interesting and informative talk. I could have listened for at least twice as long. George spoke with a genuine passion and this always makes a talk worthwile.

Thanks PCS

Cheers
Brian

#4 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

For those of you that did not attend last night’s PCS monthly meeting you missed a brilliant talk on plants and the planted aquarium by George from Veba’s .
It was ( in my opinion) the best & most comprehensive talk on all aspects of aquarium plants I have ever heard, and on talking to other members I was not alone in forming this opinion.
Before moving to WA and working at Veba’s, George owned and ran an LFS for 12 years in Victoria.
George’s vast experience and passion for plants and planted tanks really showed through in the 90 minute talk . I was very impressed.
George not only talked about subjects such as substrate, water quality, nutrients, filtration & lighting but he went into detail explaining the difference between the various types & brands that are available and offered advice and tips on snail & algae control.
On behalf of the PCS Committee & members, would like to thank George for a very informative & very interesting talk.
Plus…He’s not a bad bloke……..for a Victorian.

#5 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Yes I have to agree, George was one of the best speakers we have had. I really enjoyed it biggrin.gif Plus the fish on the show table were stunning! especially the winner O.Lithobate...Wish I knew where to get some fry from that male! oh wait I do...me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#6 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

You forgot to mention the free sample of Australian Blackworms - good stuff, even if Craig did look very suspicious handing out all those little baggies!

#7 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hope everyone likes the blackworms as my fish cant get enough of them !

Had a good night myself biggrin.gif

Cheers
Craig

#8 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

Was a good night great job george... might even have a crack at plants after that talk.

Brad

#9 shortie

shortie
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (bradfitzy @ Oct 8 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was a good night great job george... might even have a crack at plants after that talk.

Brad

well you know where to come wink.gif ha
get your $700 a bottle happening

#10 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (shortie @ Oct 11 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well you know where to come wink.gif ha
get your $700 a bottle happening

Yea might was the key word there Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic