Photo

Crushed Limestone Substrate

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 *Michael*

*Michael*
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

I recently bought crushed limestone for my second setup I washed it and I washed it and you can guess the rest it's still very dusty it started to look clean put it in my tank filled up my tank and it's that dirty I can't see through it I'm thinking of putting it in a bucket and getting rid of it , or does someone have any suggestions ?

#2 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

mate drain the tank and refill carefully so not to stir the substrate. Problem solved.

#3 *Michael*

*Michael*
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

I did but when I got up this mornin it was dirty as if I let it settle that dirty when I vac the substrate it's just gonna go dirty again lol

#4 JimmyTheFish

JimmyTheFish
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'd chuck a powerhead in or large airstone to keep it stirred up and let the filters pull it out of the water. Then give your filter media a good cleaning. If your filtration is any good it should clear up in a few days. As it is dust, there shouldn't be any issues with particles damaging moving parts. My 2 cents!

#5 *Michael*

*Michael*
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

That's a good two cents well spent I got 3 power heads so I'll chuck them in if 3 isn't to much , really I jus wanna know if it was the right choice I have so many limestone rocks that could go in if I change the substrate but I've already bought it so il stick with it lol

#6 *Michael*

*Michael*
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

ok so spent abit of time washing it again and its clearer yay on the forward march in gettin it finished

#7 Guest_speirsy_*

Guest_speirsy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Mate when I started my tank it looked like soup, but it does settle. Check out the photos from start to finish.

http://www.perthcich...showtopic=45570

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users