My 2008 ada comp tank (nearly done !)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

yeah it slow atm though the nano is growing biggrin.gif

its grow aorund 4-5 cm already ohmy.gif and its growing on the gravel not going up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif:D:D

anyway my big tnak is about to get co2 for free :twisted: love my mum she getting one of those big bottles from the store for me (subway) just need to buy a regulator and pick up my co2 diffuser from the post office tomorrow

#22 temptazn

temptazn
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

co2 bottle from the store? i hope its not the fire extinguisher hahaha
good job on the plants dude.
not growing up is good right? i know it is the case for glosso. wat abt HC??
vic

#23 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

yeah means it getting enough light
if its up it would be a nice foreground would it >.<

the co2 bottle those big ones we use for drinking vending machines ... u know .... i just need to get a regulator for it ... *hmmm*

#24 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

ok some updates on the HC and tank
the equipment came today i waiting for the ehiem 2215 to arrive should be tonight to plumb it together before taking some pictures of the big tank ...
i checked the co2 in the tank it was blue which is not enough co2 but today i getting a huge bottle of co2 just waiting for the reg to come tomorrow and that should solve that problem

the hc in the nano is growing well i remove the nurient sucker since the plants were going well i changed the co2 too since that DIY was giving very little co2.

since the last time i posted the hc picture its grow on plant around 4cm+ which i am pround of plus as you can see in the picture it growing as a ground cover not going up wards

#25 denlife

denlife
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Wow ciaolong looks great.
I really like the hardscape of the rocks, I can imagine it with a nice bit of greenery around it.

#26 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

bit sad today found out my lily pipe broke in postage ... hope i get a replacement .... but i hook up the other stuff with the ehiem

lights out so i take some picture tomorrow

#27 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

*sigh*

got my tunze regulator... but my parents said no bottle need to get refilled first ROFL >< wait need to borromw from my uncle (northbridge subway)

#28 Graeme

Graeme
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Hi mate bad luck with the broken lily pipe, good luck for getting a replacement though!!

Cant wait to see your tank fully setup
Graeme

#29 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

well they sending me a replacement free of charge ohmy.gif

i just pumped on the co2 bottle from nb subway tongue.gif right now its going like 1 bubble per sec plus i add 2nd dosing of excel to see if i can kill this hair aglae and i buy some sae over the weekend to help too smile.gif

#30 ant747

ant747
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

my hair algae died off with the excel adn then came back again, even with dosing excel, its very slow growing now though with excel and co2. And throw in some shrimp and its almost non existant.
And graheme just though you might like to know that i got some shrimp from livefish.com.au, and there was no quarantine issues,. well that is to say they got here. Not rubbing it in your face or anything mate :wink: just though you might be interested. mind you they were pricey.
Ant

#31 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

arent those just normal glass shrimps ?
got any to spare wink.gif

#32 denlife

denlife
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

like I said in a PM to you ciaolong, you are welcome to some of my glass shrimp. I have heaps.

#33 denlife

denlife
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

(ant747)
And graheme just though you might like to know that i got some shrimp from livefish.com.au, and there was no quarantine issues,. well that is to say they got here. Not rubbing it in your face or anything mate :wink: just though you might be interested. mind you they were pricey.
Ant

Ant, were they the long-armed shrimp or the regular glass shrimp? I am assuming you got the long-armed as they are pricey. And glass shrimp are available locally. Did all the shrimp survive?

#34 ant747

ant747
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

nah just glass shrimp, but they cost about a dollar each from livefish, and its 4 bucks for 20 at vebas, Some vebas shrimp did survive but not many. They are both the "same" but look very different, the livefish shrimp are bluer and a bit more well glassy, more see through.
Ant
And your welcome to a couple, ive already promised a few to craig, and to pixiemops from aquarium life, if he ever replys to my pms, but i got 40 and they all survived so i have a few too many now.
Ant

#35 skittles

skittles
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

wooh 40 bucks ant thats a bit of money laugh.gif
Ill probrably be getting a couple from vebas when my tanks set up so they can breed and provide fod for tank occupants ohmy.gif

#36 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

well here a pic of the out break .... i hope with the shrimps/co2/extra dosage of excel it will die back

#37 Graeme

Graeme
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Hi again mate

I like it so far

Can i give you a idea to try?
Grab some fast growing plants and use them as a nutrient sink until the tank stabilises.

ADA substrates have a bit of a reputation of releasing high amounts of ammonia until the tank is fully cycled.
Ambulia is one i have used before ( fast growing and easy to toss out after)

Graeme

#38 ant747

ant747
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

thats pretty bad man, but with both co2 and excel im sure it will die off pretty quick,
and btw skittles they get cheaper if you buy more. And im not saying bad stuff about vebas now, but ring before you go, the shrimp sell out fast, and also get about 40, spend up a big $8. because i an guarantee you that some will die, if you keep the temp at around 25, some should be okay and adapt, but expect some deaths, and ironically some babys, im almost certain that mine bred, there seems to be much more smaller shrimp around.
Ant

#39 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

here the difference between the 2 type of shrimps that ant747 dropped off

as you can see the first one is the one we get from the local fish stores around perth but the 2nd one if different less see through and more into a white body

#40 ciaolong

ciaolong
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

gramae might add some floater but this is eco-c tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users