Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Setting Up a CO2 Pressurised Cylinder Setup (Pics Intensive)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 punie

punie
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:21 AM

Hey Matt,

I'd love to trade or pass you some cut offs!
I should have nice cut offs of Rotala Macaranda soon!
Lovely Red bushy ones!

And even Ludwiga Arcuata!

P.s. The size of my cylinder is the smallest one BOC has to offer, just ask for a size D. If you need help setting up i wouldn't mind giving ya a hand!

Oh yeah, have you got the rest of the equipment yet?

------------------
Need Equipment?
Drop me an Email at xxdivinityxx@hotmail.com
I might just be able to get it for you at a better price!
------------------

This Month's Specials:

CO2 Regulators
Bell Glass Diffusors
Bubble Counters
Check Valves

#22 vishy101

vishy101
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:35 PM

Hey,
Punie i'd love to trade i have some amazon swords, java fern and moss also a really nice red plant with jageed edged leaves and stays quite close to the ground. I'll probably end up getting the pressurized system for my birthday(october) thats if my parents will allow it. I've found a diffuser that also acts as a bubble counter :)
Where are you punie, I'm up in Duncraig.
thanx
matt

#23 punie

punie
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:20 AM

I'm down at rivervale!
Hmmm, mind if i ask you something?
Could ya email me at xxdivinityxx@hotmail.com?

------------------
Need Equipment?
Drop me an Email at xxdivinityxx@hotmail.com
I might just be able to get it for you at a better price!
------------------

This Month's Specials:

CO2 Regulators
Bell Glass Diffusors
Bubble Counters
Check Valves

#24 Jon911

Jon911
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

man, i wish i had found this website before I forked out big time and bought my sera co2 kit and controller sad.gif

#25 punie

punie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

(Jon911)
man, i wish i had found this website before I forked out big time and bought my sera co2 kit and controller sad.gif

There's always the 2nd tank mate! biggrin.gif
If you need planting equipment, i can help you out too.

Cheers,
Jerome

#26 Ilangi

Ilangi
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

I've been renting the co2 bottle from BOC since August last year and I've hardly used any at all - I think it will last you well over a year people!

Also, to keep the PH stable you may want to invest in a PH Controller set-up (this can be "stage 2" of your co2 fert supply).

I started out with just a bubble counter, but my discus did not appreciate the constant PH swings between day and night, so I hunted around for a cheap alternative to the dupla, sera, and tunze PH control systems.

What I found was a company in Brisbane, Milwaukee Meters, that can supply a great solution:

I bought a Milwaukee SMS122 PH Controller (which comes with an electrode) and I also bought a Milwaukee electric solenoid, all for less than $320 delivered! They can also supply you with a regulator that has a bubble counter and solenoid attached for something like $230, but I think that punies' regulator is much more compact and a lot more affordable :wink:

The D size bottle from BOC is about 700mm high, so with the all-in-one regulator/bubble-counter/solenoid from milwaukee it may make the set-up too tall to fit under most tank cabinets...

I would also like to warn anyone planning on buying an aquamedic regulator - BOC have recently changed the diammetre of the inside of their bottle fittings. This means that an aquamedic-style regulator (one that fits inside the thread of the bottle) is no longer suitable on all BOC bottles (however, there are still some older BOC bottles in circulation).

I bought a Tunze regulator (this is before I met punie and had access to his bargains) and this kind of regulator is fine, as it seals with the outside diammetre of the BOC bottle's thread fitting.

I also have a small co2 kit made by Aquamedic (which I plan to use on my new nano cube). I considered buying a fitting that would allow me to refill this small bottle from my rented BOC bottle that I use on my 48 x 18 x 24. From what I've gather though, they cost about $300, so you are better off buying a small dupla bottle from PADC for about $200ish as these are the only bottles that they will refill for you. These dupla bottles will also fit in any cabinet :wink:

Last of all, if you are like me and like to keep all your equipment outside of your tank, there are a number of external co2 diffusers that hook up "in-line" with your cannister filter, but expect to pay more than 3 times the amount of what one of punies' sintered glass diffusers cost.

Kudos to punie for making co2 affordable for the average aquarist ohmy.gif

He is absoultely right - it is not so hard to set-up and if anyone would like a hand, I'd be more than happy to offer my services :wink:

#27 Jon911

Jon911
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

haha i just got my sera CO2 kit and PH controller, want to come show me how on earth to set it up ?smile.gif))

#28 Ilangi

Ilangi
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:59 PM

I haven't done a Sera kit before, but I'd be happy to work it out with you... check your PM :wink:

#29 jimmm

jimmm
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

Hey Punie,
Do you have a solenoid on your system?Do you sell them?How much?
cheers
jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users