Photo

How Many Fish Do You Really Have??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'll post this here.  How many is classed as "animal hoarding"??

http://www.sciencema...er-study-argues

Edited by chrishaigh82, 20 September 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#2 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

'Hoarding' of animals is usually associated with the poor care of the animals. If you have lots of animals and they are well cared for you are often labelled a collector/breeder/enthusiast/hobbyist, if you have lots of animals that are poorly cared for you are a hoarder. 

The reality is also that a fishes life is generally 'worth' a lot less than a dog or cat to the general public. 

#3 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

Peckoltia, that sounds like a defensive response.  Ha, seriously though joking :)

This article made me smile as it came up in conversation with family recently who commented about me getting the best of different species and loving my favorites across differing fish.  I said its partially about wanting a pure species, good mix of compatible species (from what would be natural to what would be appropriate as a mix) and about being a collector of sorts.

From the article "On average, the hoarders had about 41 animals each, with dogs and cats being the most prevalent. A few of the adults also hoarded ducks. Seventy-five percent were considered low-income, 88% weren’t married, and 64% were elderly—so far consistent with generalized hoarding disorder."

​So to be a problem guys you need to be a low income, older person who also has a couple of ducks stashed away somewhere (most of the PCS guys with an issue seem to have reptiles stashed away rather than ducks).

#4 Living Pictures

Living Pictures
  • Sponsor

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

​So to be a problem guys you need to be a low income, older person who also has a couple of ducks stashed away somewhere (most of the PCS guys with an issue seem to have reptiles stashed away rather than ducks).

oh so thats my problem no ducks and no reptiles...i will have to put them in the (to get) box as i have the rest happening rather to well!

#5 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Cool - so if this is a real disorder does it mean I can quit my job and go on the disability pension?

I need more time to hoard my fish

#6 sydad

sydad
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

Cool - so if this is a real disorder does it mean I can quit my job and go on the disability pension?

I need more time to hoard my fish

Nope. Tried it, and does not work.

Syd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users