Photo

Fs: Tropheus Colonies + Breeding Frontosa "moba"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

Unfortunately due to my recent redundancy and new work commitments I need to move.

I am shutting my fish room down as there is no way I will be moving with all these fish tanks...

Some of my beautiful colonies of Tropheus must go...

Pickup in Atwell.

For sale are going:

Altolamprologus Calvus "Black"- Pair $150 

no photo

Cyphotilapia Gibberosa "Moba" - 12x 3 males and 9 females from what I can tell. SOLD

Tropheus Brichardi "Kabimba" "canary Cheek"- 15 fully grown adult breeding colony, SOLD
Tropheus Brichardi "Bulombora", 15x, $450 Breeding Colony SOLD

Tropheus Moori Lufubu "Real", 10x fully grown adult breeding colony, SOLD
Tropheus Red "Chipimbi", 10x Fully Grown adult breeding colony SOLD
Altolamprologus Compressiceps "Gold"- Pair SOLD

Attached Files

Edited by Maaxim, 01 August 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:30 PM

Keen and sent you a PM. Just want to say that is an awesome list of fish there.

#3 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:21 PM

Mate the lufubu are amazing - thank you very much!!!

Guys these are seriously good quality fish at a rock bottom price. The canary cheeks are fantastic and 100 times better than what you see in the pic.
  • mac likes this

#4 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

I'll take the rest of the Tropheus ;)

#5 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

Mate the lufubu are amazing - thank you very much!!!

You are most welcome! Thank you for taking care of these. I would love to see the Lufubu's distributed all around WA. It would be a shame for these to disappear.

I will buy some fry back of you one day if you let me :rolleyes:   

#6 boonahsider

boonahsider
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

Sad to see somr of your trops move on but really glad to know that they all are in good hands. All the best mate! cheer!

#7 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately due to my recent redundancy and new work commitments I need to move.

I am shutting my fish room down as there is no way I will be moving with all these fish tanks...

Some of my beautiful colonies of Tropheus must go...

Pickup in Atwell.

For sale are going:

Altolamprologus Calvus "Black"- Pair $150

no photo

Cyphotilapia Gibberosa "Moba" - 12x 3 males and 9 females from what I can tell. $1000

attachicon.gifIMG_1628.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1621.JPG

Tropheus Brichardi "Kabimba" "canary Cheek"- 15 fully grown adult breeding colony,  $550 (ON HOLD)
Tropheus Brichardi "Bulombora", 15x, $450 Breeding Colony (ON HOLD)

Tropheus Moori Lufubu "Real", 10x fully grown adult breeding colony, SOLD
Tropheus Red "Chipimbi", 10x Fully Grown adult breeding colony SOLD
Altolamprologus Compressiceps "Gold"- Pair SOLD

oh no :(

#8 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

One door closes another one opens Chris...

I will be moving into my first own house in OZ and I will have the opportunity to expand few walls here and there for new fishroom sometime....  :Rofl_3f:

#9 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

We may be interested in your gentle giants.  Lets talk about your frontosa.

#10 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:24 AM

Let's talk then. What would you like yo know . The photos say it all these are great looking creatures. The colony is probably about 5 years old. 5 of these are wild caught I have been told when I got them but I cannot prove it so I haven't advertised then as wc... Either way great colony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the Chipimbi. They look awesome. Had quite a few "little surprises".

These fish listed above are amazing folks. I could see Maaxim was reluctant to let go when netting them out.

You wont be disappointed. The photos will not do them justice, especially the tank of Canary Cheeks. They were HUGE.

#12 Pchmb

Pchmb
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

Hey Maaxim, keeping such an impressive Tang selection, is there any chance you could share your water parameters... particularly KH and GH? And I was also wondered about how often/ amount of water changes you would do?
I just ask as I have had quite a few of my lufubu pass away of late, yet my other tropheus colonies, the wc fronts, lelupi and calvis etc all so happy.
Do you have slight variation in water peramiters between the different tropheus you have kept? I can't figure out why the lefubu aren't doing so well and the rest so happy.
Awesome fish btw. They do look amazing!

#13 Karlos

Karlos
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Are the Frontosa Moba sold?

#14 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

SOLD now. Pickup pending

#15 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

Hey Maaxim, keeping such an impressive Tang selection, is there any chance you could share your water parameters... particularly KH and GH? And I was also wondered about how often/ amount of water changes you would do?
I just ask as I have had quite a few of my lufubu pass away of late, yet my other tropheus colonies, the wc fronts, lelupi and calvis etc all so happy.
Do you have slight variation in water peramiters between the different tropheus you have kept? I can't figure out why the lefubu aren't doing so well and the rest so happy.
Awesome fish btw. They do look amazing!

Hey,

What can I say... I am not a "perfectionist by the book" when it comes to water parameters but I do believe the stability is the key and so are frequent water changes.

My PH is always about 8.0- 8.5 and always stay stable even after 50% water change. Hardness is 150ppm which is not the highest I know but it works for me.

I "normally" change 30% of my water every week. I am almost always trying to use crashed coral substrate which makes my water hard when combined with rocks etc... Dolomite is also pretty good.

I use salts and Ph buffer when setting up the tank and ones the PH and hardness is stable I dont experiment anymore to boost one or the other and to achieve book values. I just found stability is the key! 

About your Lufubu... How many did you kept in the colony? Is there possibility they just have killed each other while sorting the hierarchy out? Usually happens to small colonies (less then a dozen) they just can destroy themselves unless kept with some other trophs... Maybe its not a water parameters to blame?

#16 Pchmb

Pchmb
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:09 PM

Hey,

What can I say... I am not a "perfectionist by the book" when it comes to water parameters but I do believe the stability is the key and so are frequent water changes.

My PH is always about 8.0- 8.5 and always stay stable even after 50% water change. Hardness is 150ppm which is not the highest I know but it works for me.

I "normally" change 30% of my water every week. I am almost always trying to use crashed coral substrate which makes my water hard when combined with rocks etc... Dolomite is also pretty good.

I use salts and Ph buffer when setting up the tank and ones the PH and hardness is stable I dont experiment anymore to boost one or the other and to achieve book values. I just found stability is the key! 

About your Lufubu... How many did you kept in the colony? Is there possibility they just have killed each other while sorting the hierarchy out? Usually happens to small colonies (less then a dozen) they just can destroy themselves unless kept with some other trophs... Maybe its not a water parameters to blame?

Hey Maaxim thanks for the reply. 

I've kept the Colony of 12 for a while, a few were holding and I did recently find a lone fry in the tank. As I had these in my classroom at school I had to take all the fish home over the holidays. 

I agree with what you have said about stability being the key. This is where I may have gone wrong. On moving the fish I changed my usual routine which sounds very similar to yours, crushed coral substrate etc 20-30% water changes every few days, and decided to introduce the fish to my tang community and do a 50% water change beforehand. I used seachem cichlid salts and tang buffer for the first time. I normally use just cheap tang kH salts and a little pH up (with some epson salts) but decided to spend a bit more and use the seachem products, as this tank now has quite a bit of value in there. The pH of the water introduced was just over 9. Normally my water is around 8.2-8.6. I noticed the kH went up quite a lot also, to 200ppm from 140ppm. The temperature of the community tank was also slightly higher at 30 degrees.

I watched these guys stop eating and noticed one even had bloat. All the other fish I moved to the tank at home, came from identical water due to the three tanks cycling through the sump. The calvus, lelupi, troph debosi and morillo were super stoked. Colours looking so good. I don't think joining the new community was to blame for the Lufubu, and the water in both tanks had nitrate levels of between 20 and 40ppm to start. I just must have had too much salt in the water for the Lufubu and such sudden change in water chemistry killed them. 

Hope others can learn from my mistake!

#17 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

sorry karlos  :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users