PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

PCS Photo Competition 2017 - Enter Now - Details here

May PCS Meeting  - Auction Night Tues 2nd May - Details here

June PCS Meeting  - Cichlid Bingo & Quiz Night Tues 6th June - Details soon

May Fish of the Month Protomelas taeniolatus ‘Namalenje Island’ – Red Empress - Details here

Photo

Delapool's 150 Gallon Tank

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Not sure on this PAR meter still - with the forest gone I can put it back down a foot below surface. Will do that and re-test as I'm not sure what it is picking up floating (sits under t5ho though).

17/1 - 8mth old t5ho bulbs - PAR 83 (surface).
17/1 - new t5ho bulbs - PAR 139 (surface).
20/2 - 1mth old t5ho bulbs - PAR 69!! (surface).
16/4 - 3mth old t5ho bulbs - PAR 63!! (surface).

I've got new bulbs in garage. Think I'll swap out just to test.

#202 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

Tested PAR meter with T5HO off and got 1.5 - makes sense as it sits almost directly under the T5HO but wanted to check.

With new bulbs I got 91 (highest at start was 112). So no idea how I got a reading of 139 with new bulbs last time (unless its something subtle in the reflectors and the meter moving slightly at surface).

But good news! If I assume (lots of assuming) it was 90 last time for new bulbs and 63 now, it's only dropped to 70%...

#203 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

15/4-- The old nitrate test read 10ppm and new 5ppm while phosphates at 1ppm tonight. Looks like finally getting an increase in readings.--

Well, 4 days later and I've spiked nitrates again to 40ppm (maybe 80 since I can't tell the colours). Had been getting impatient but last time was the same. Nitrates wouldn't shift up, then they spiked and took ages to come down.

Tested the nitrate ferts in a test bucket made up just in case (they are just labelled EI) and definitely nitrates. So no nitrates dosing for rest of week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#204 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Terrible shot of the betta and Java Fern (which is not really happy but surviving).

74564-albums13177-picture71132.jpg

#205 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

Having food nicked from under you? Could be a yoyo loach problem...

Can't grow delicate grasses? That would be the catfish rhinos.

511A35C4-B6F9-47C7-BE61-B0156654B733_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#206 Delapool

Delapool
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Shifted several crypts around that were getting pulled out by filter flow on their long leaves. Fingers crossed they cope with getting shifted a second time. The second marble sword seems to be settling ok. So pretty well planted out unless anything pops up that can go on the driftwood (assuming it all survives).

The aponogeton is happy again and sending out flower stems - managed to find a spot at back of tank but might be too close to light, will have to train it to send flower stems to front of tank again.

Bit of green spot algae but pretty much just wishing I could fast forward a month to see what happens. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users