Feb Meeting -- Do Not Miss.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

That is correct !

You can get some excellent prizes from the raffle table tonight still !

Cheers
Craig

#42 tifkat

tifkat
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Feb 2 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flash? would be my Canon XL-2, currently being serviced

Hmmm 3CCD Mini-DV (Insert Homer drooling noise here)

Ahh hmmm. Wouldn't mind a podcast version of the talk, if anyone has the time to rip the audio. Of course, a video copy of the final edit would be nice also biggrin.gif

#43 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (tifkat @ Feb 3 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm 3CCD Mini-DV (Insert Homer drooling noise here)

Ahh hmmm. Wouldn't mind a podcast version of the talk, if anyone has the time to rip the audio. Of course, a video copy of the final edit would be nice also biggrin.gif

lol, clearly someone who knows a bit about video cameras biggrin.gif

Will try and see if I can edit it, it's just finding the time. As soon as it is done it will be available at the PCS library

Many thanks to Oliver for such an informative talk tonight, although one can read stuff on the internet or have experience with fish health and diseases, it is also good to hear other alternate treatments and preventions. Dont worry, "I" wont be putting the video on You Tube.... although I cant guarantee for other people........ cool.gif

#44 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Oliver for a very informative Talk and answering my questions i had for you.

Im sure i speak on behalf of everyone who was there a Talk WELL DONE mate.

Thanks for your time also as we all know how busy you must be after work hrs smile.gif

Regards
Adam

#45 Hydonia

Hydonia
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

Anyone get it on camera??? I had to miss it, someone tried to run my hubby off the road ( he's fine) but we only have one car and I was foreced to miss it. sad.gif

#46 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

Great talk last night, Thanks heaps Oliver..
Very informative wink.gif

#47 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Hydonia @ Feb 4 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone get it on camera??? I had to miss it, someone tried to run my hubby off the road ( he's fine) but we only have one car and I was foreced to miss it. sad.gif

Oh bugger, did you get the guy's number and report it to the police?

Dont think anyone took pictures though tongue.gif but it's on video camera biggrin.gif

Also, because this is a public event, and the video will be in the library of PCS and be available to PCS members, anyone (apart from Oliver tongue.gif ) who wishes to be edited or mosaiced (if you asked a question, I cant edit you out) out if I managed to video you, please PM me You have 7 days to respond.

Thank you

#48 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

I agree with all the above. Thanks very much Oliver for a very interesting talk.

With all that information & different medications, plus my poor memory (due to old age), I spent the entire evening taking notes. It was like being back at Uni. rolleyes.gif

Oliver says he had not given a talk for years, and in my opinion it was well worth the wait for all.

With the response Oliver got from PCS members at the end of his talk I am sure we can persuade him to give us another talk later in the year.

A thank you also to Edward (Sazabi) for bringing along all his gear to get the whole evening on Video (DVD). As already said, this will be available to Financial Members from the Library when completed.

Thanks again Oliver for a very interesting and entertaining evening. I really enjoyed it & I think it was a big hit with members.

Col

#49 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

Thanks again Oliver for a very interesting and entertaining evening. I really enjoyed it & I think it was a big hit with members.

Cant agree with this more ! Thanks Oliver for a fantastic talk i certainly learnt from it ( to my fishes benefit ! ) and hope we can get you back sometime in the future smile.gif

Cheers
Craig

#50 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

Yes thanks Oliver!

Have to say it was the best turnout for a non-auction meeting that I've seen. What was the head count Craig, must have been around 40 I reckon. Good sign that the club is going strong and also for the respect people here have for your knowledge and willingness to share it Oliver - good on ya.

#51 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

I also would like to say thanks Oliver biggrin.gif

That was the first meeting I had been to and after that, I'll definately be a regular biggrin.gif
The talk was very informative and I left knowing alot more than I did when I arrived.

#52 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Thanks guys,
I did actually enjoy doing the talk and I hope my wife will unlock my ball-n-chain again so I can come back to do more talks in the near future.... any ideas for another topic??

#53 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Mr_docfish @ Feb 5 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any ideas for another topic??

How about "Oliver's Tale"? Your journey through the years when you first got into fish keeping, what you've kept and bred, the businesses you've worked for and how it is you've gotten to where you are now smile.gif

Daz

#54 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

I know you just talked about fish treatments, but how bout fish diseases?
Things like common diseases how to identify them, what they actually are and go more into what type of fish are prone to certain diseases etc, etc?

#55 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

Things like common diseases how to identify them, what they actually are and go more into what type of fish are prone to certain diseases etc, etc?

I think this is a excellent idea !!

Craig

#56 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Ronny @ Feb 5 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooohhhh that is gonna be a hard one... need lots of time and photos to do a power point presentation and maybe a video or two.... give me a year or two for that one......ooorrrrr.... I might be able to use a CD that comes with one of the books I have... have to consider copyright etc...... I'll let you know.....

And Cheers Daz for the idea, your one will be easier... just don't know if many others are interested in my life story..... if there are others, (a poll maybe??... could I bare to know the result???) then I would consider it.

#57 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Why not do both tongue.gif
I'd be keen for either biggrin.gif

#58 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

Or perhaps you can talk about some of the repeated questions that customers have for LFS owners that you would love to answer just once and be done with it biggrin.gif

#59 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

Oh how bout a night of Darwin awards night, 'the stupid things some customers have said'

Eg. A while back when I worked in a pet store a customer came to me and said,
"Theres something wrong with my fish, when I bought it it was a jet black and had beautiful lil white spots all over it,
He's been eating fine and he's grown a fair bit, but recently his spots have been dissapearing."

I asked, "what type of fish is it?"

She replied " I think it's called a Duboisi?"

LMAO biggrin.gif

#60 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Feb 7 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or perhaps you can talk about some of the repeated questions that customers have for LFS owners that you would love to answer just once and be done with it biggrin.gif

LMAO.... yes the bane of the LFS store person.... we talk in our sleep a lot, mostly about filtration, water conditioner, what wont eat what etc.....
I'm lucky I am not on the floor much these days... I pay other people to do that for me, I just cover when things get busy or I get someone particularly chasing me, or when there is a brain teaser that I get called up for to solve....
In the past, you could have recorded my rambling in my sleep and learn how to keep fish... now I ramble about Taxes, Staff, Government Officials, Discount structures, Wholesalers and Advertising....

I would consider that one, but it would be a bit broad, and by the calibre of the members that turn up at the meetings, they would already know the FAQs....

QUOTE (Ronny @ Feb 7 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh how bout a night of Darwin awards night, 'the stupid things some customers have said'

We do have a book of "DUDS" in the shop... it is hilarious to the LFS person, and very funny overall to others.... I think I will have to write some of the best ones down and publish them.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users