Photo

Koi Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Depends what you ask I guess, I'm heading down there tomorrow for a meeting with one of the rangers to discuss some options to address some of the issues with local park waterways and the fish that end up in there smile.gif

#22 Witters

Witters
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hey Nick
I meant to ask you the other day, how did this go?

#23 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

I confess, I have done alot of fishing in local lakes / waterways in the metro area. All my mates think im abit of a weirdo -its hard to get someone to go with, everytime Ive been, i catch something though !!!!
My Brother and I caught an 80cm+ koi at a lake in carine.
I also know of a few 'trophies' which are on my to get list!
Once I was fishing at a lake (in the City of Joondalup) and the ranger confiscated my nets and handline.
in hindsight I wish I had done my block, but at the time I was too concerned with getting a fine - he was quite threatening with all this legal BS.

I would not be surprised if there are introduced fish in every single lake / pond in the metro area (Not just gambesia!! but large koi, golfish and perch)

I was thinking of going to the post office and buyng a freshwater fishing licence (Like an abalone / wester rock lobster / marron license) - Just to present to the ranger to confuse him !!!
I am certain people dob you in, normally the ranger or council security turn up with in about 20 minutes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users