Photo

New Filter!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

gumtree - and deal with a gum nut lol... no thanks.... buy new - you have a warranty and you know exactly how the filter has been treated since new... 

one other bonus with 2 cannisters -> you can clean them few weeks apart and also helps to prevent a bacteria crash by over cleaning your filter media which can happen sometimes.... plenty of reasons to run 2 filters :)

as for size - do it the easy way tell the shop where you're buying the filter(s) from,  the tank size and what fish stocks you will be keeping in the tank... and if the shop owner knows his stuff he'll recommend the correct size for your tank.... although some research before hand isnt a bad thing either...  going on your tank size i'd be looking for something in the 1000 l/h size...  x 2 :)  and also do some research on your shop where you intend to buy from... personally i'd avoid chain stores as most of the time the shop owner isnt even there... so the care factor IMO isnt the same...  happy shopping :)

#42 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

There are a lot of PCS sponsor stores who  sell canister filters and I would recommend any one of them  ....  also if you were a PCS member you would receive a good 10% off your purchase :)

#43 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

When you say paracyprichromis, I assume you mean nigripinnis or breini? And cyprichromis leptosoma "livua"?

Your 'livua' are top to mid swimmers and will get large quite fast. The 'nigripinnis' require cave like structures and tall ledges, so you may want to revise the pic above.

#44 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

When you say paracyprichromis, I assume you mean nigripinnis or breini? And cyprichromis leptosoma "livua"?

Your 'livua' are top to mid swimmers and will get large quite fast. The 'nigripinnis' require cave like structures and tall ledges, so you may want to revise the pic above.

so could I change the paracyp's, for some enantiopus sp.kilesa? They love sand and there will be lots!

#45 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

That is a beautiful fish "enantiopus sp.kilesa" from Tanganyika. I havent seen them around perth recently and wouldnt mind some myself. Yes that would be great in your minimalist look tank. Plenty sand and just needs the odd rock to hide. lepto's swimming around top and middle getting fat.

Let me know if you source some.

#46 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

463a85a30ef808914ddb82cc6f3eff70.jpg for them! Went to aquotix for the first time pretty sweet place! Great help! What do you guys think?

Yes I'm young, but I'm smarter than you think!
Do you guys think that we need to use a spray bar for the outlet? I don't like the look of bubblers and my dad doesn't like the sound of spray bars will it be enough if the water outlet sprays up and doesn't splash but moves the surface water? We will have 20 tangs hopefully in there!

#47 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

spray bars are a non issue if they are just beneath the surface of the water  ya wont hear them  also point them up a little so it agitates/moves the surface of the water that is enuff

#48 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

Oh man, why didn't you say that it was you when you came in today?? Could have said hello!

#49 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Oh so you are mattia all makes sense now lol! Yeah thx for all the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users