Beware: Shrimp Back On The Menu!

Shrimp

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

ill breed the crap out of them and flood the market, just to p!ss them off.

fisheries should do a better job of sorting out problems we already have in the waterways! they cant get much worse with whats already there.

#62 Bombshocked

Bombshocked
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

in wa you cant import plants... cant get shrimp.... cant get TBS.... seriously what can you get? a dwarf gourami from chain stores so full of parasites... god.

#63 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

My only issue atm, is the confiscation of native species of freshwater & estuarine shrimp when native marine shrimp are ignored.... All I am asking for is a 'please explain'....
Id love to keep within their rules, but if they are obscuring the goal posts, how am I to know what is ok and what is not?

#64 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

We'll be like the NT soon. Only allowed to keep natives and fish on the Allowable imports list, except they can keep native shrimp and fish.

Then they'll get a bee in their bonnet over something and we won't be able to have *whatever* species. I'd much rather see them nailing EVERYONE that sells or keeps freshwater mussles. That's far more important than shrimp ffs.

#65 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

If you get a permit for shrimp can you keep them?

#66 Morley Aquariums

Morley Aquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I was told that they will not grant a permit for shrimp. By all means in the extraordinary case that you can get one you i would expect you would be allowed to keep them.

#67 pacco

pacco
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

We have had a visit and a "suggestion" to not buy native marine shrimp, even from local collectors licensed by WA Fisheries to collect them for the aquarium industry.... still waiting on clarification both through our own and our main collector's enquires. We have also withdrawn partially from the Don't Dump that Fish program, and will only take in fish that are on the allowable import list until we have written confirmation of Fisheries position on unlisted/grey list species.

Cheers

Pacco

#68 Adam

Adam
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

Ahhh the goal posts continue to move

#69 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

I just hope that the greedy pricks on gumtree selling the fancy (boring) shrimp for a small fortune doesn't make fisheries look closer at cool stuff that is currently available. Let's face it, shrimp are boring. How fisheries has gone about this is wrong, but if they then justify this by putting cichlids, catfish etc on the noxious list would really bust my chops big time!

#70 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

If they get their way we will all be keeping frozen salmon fillets... Oh wait salmon is way too exotic and fancy... We will all be keeping frozen bream fillets.

#71 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Kribensis (and other varieties) are on the allowable import list so YAY!!!!

#72 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Interesting stuff Pacco

#73 Adam

Adam
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Tried to find the newer thread to out this question on but it seems to have disappeared despite some good information....
<br />
<br />So the "exotic shrimp" family are on the allowable import list, they are widespread in the state (great south to the Pilbarra) does this mean shops can take them from customers and re-sell them if they get contact information?
<br />
<br />Or did I read it wrong?
<br />
<br />Adam
<br />

#74 Frontosaman

Frontosaman
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

I think you have read it perfectly, I think the loophole lies with discretion, much like if a policeman smells weed in your car he can search it without Warrent on suspicion. Not 100 percent on the law but from what I hear it's some situation like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shrimp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users