Photo

Trump

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:16 AM

trump seems to be keeping his word on policy and what he intended to do before he was elected....

surely we dont have a president thats going to be true to his word :)  lol

• Den likes this

#2 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

Unfortunately WE don't...

#3 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

Id be rather disappointed in the Australian people if WE had a president. #godsavethequeen

#4 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Sentimentally I suppose I agree Androo. But Gee it would be nice to have a change from the post-Howard bedlam that we've been subjected to.

#5 DFishkeeper

DFishkeeper
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

I love Trump, at least he has the guts to outline what he stands for and be true to it, I'm so sick of our namby pamby backflipping faction driven career politicians here in Australia.

Only problem is I don't think the other politicians will let him get away with it, they will throw every roadblock they can at him. But at least he will be very vocal about what is happening and who exactly is stopping him and the American public will be able to see it. And if nothing else he will give politics in the US the huge shakeup it needed.

Now we just need the same thing to happen here in Oz.

#6 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

I love Trump, at least he has the guts to outline what he stands for and be true to it, I'm so sick of our namby pamby backflipping faction driven career politicians here in Australia.

Only problem is I don't think the other politicians will let him get away with it, they will throw every roadblock they can at him. But at least he will be very vocal about what is happening and who exactly is stopping him and the American public will be able to see it. And if nothing else he will give politics in the US the huge shakeup it needed.

Now we just need the same thing to happen here in Oz.

you mean like Pauline Hanson ....... Ye ok let's elect a bigot and a complete racist who only preys on the fears of people to get votes. First she hated on the Asians in the 90's now it's the Muslims.

Trump is really just a out of date caveman I mean what's next will he take women's rights away ??? Oh wait he has already started to do that with his termination of govt /private funding to abortions.

#7 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Why should tax payers pay for abortions?
Don't wanna be preggo, don't get knocked up... It's no mystery.

#8 chocky

chocky
  • Photo Comp Official

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

Why should tax payers pay for abortions?
Don't wanna be preggo, don't get knocked up... It's no mystery.

Sometimes they go for abortion due to rape ... not just because they got 'knocked up'

Also it's better to have abortions subsidised/paid for rather than the mother and child being brought up on welfare for the next god who knows how many years.

Which do you think will end up costing more??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chocky, 29 January 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#9 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

You make some good points.

A fair bet that rape would be a serious minority of cases and morally exceptional.
I understand the cost comparison...
I pay for the upbringing of five kids (my kids... We had triplets which we weren't expecting). I don't ask anyone else to contribute. Why the hell should I pay for abortions or the upbringing of someone else's kids. Don't have a go at me have a go at the useless parents mooching and claiming there's no alternative.
How's about don't have kids if you can't afford them and if you don't want kids... Keep it in your pants.

If we stop offering to support the moochers, they won't plan their lives around receiving welfare... Overly simplistic? Maybe but I can't get my head around going to work everyday for those who can't be bothered.

Edited by malawiman85, 29 January 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#10 DFishkeeper

DFishkeeper
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

I'm with you malawiman85, I'm sick and tired of our jellyfish politicians giving in to every minority interest group in Australia and overseas and using my taxes to pay for it.

And don't start me on "immigrants" who aren't interested in learning English and assimilating. As far as I'm concerned, we should welcome anybody of good character and background who wants to move to Australia because of the lifestyle and culture we have here and wants to become a part of it. The rest can buggar off.

#11 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Yes I agree on the immigrants part
And to somewhat the moochers part as well there needs to be strict laws on how long we as a society should support the less fortunate it should be legitimately hardships to get financial help and be actively looking for work after the children start full time school

#12 chocky

chocky
  • Photo Comp Official

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Yeah our refugee situation is a joke and so is our welfare system.

I don't think the cost of abortions is that big. (I wouldn't think so?) but us providing 5 star accomodation to refugees who don't even appreciate really annoys me.

My friend who works at the camp on Christmas Island has been harassed and spat on by people in those camps. They are super entitled and get things like TVs and play stations provided to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

Because being locked up and treated like criminals is the Australian governments method for protecting asylum seekers?
The whole immigration stance is an absolute joke. We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Australia really is the lucky country.

#14 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

and the only way to keep it a lucky country is to keep out suspect immigrants especially those from certain areas where terrorism thrives......

look im all for suspending any refugee intake for next 12 mths at least until a better plan of screening them is available...  doesnt mean i dont want any refugees - just i want to accept genuine refugees not the wave of current men masquerading as refugees... where are the women and children ? in the current refugee intake unemployment rates are crazy high.... its as if majority dont even want to work... same can be said for a small percentage of aussies too.... but together the welfare system will collapse in years to come in its current form.... 

anyway we have to be careful on this topic or it will be locked/deleted.... no finger pointing at any religion or minority groups... need to be a little politically correct here or all hell mayl rain down on us :)

does anyone know when australia officially started having terror threat alerts issued...?????

as for abortion - i dont see why govt has to pay for it... you did the crime you do the time... dont wanna do the time well pay the get out of jail fee and run for the hills :)

people seeking adoption of babies has never been higher... pregnant and dont want to abort - then give your baby up to someone who really wants it :)

only exception could be the event of rape.... but again perhaps counselling and giving the baby up for adoption is something to consider.... in some countries mothers are paid large somes of coin to give babies up for adoption.... 

• ice likes this

#15 DFishkeeper

DFishkeeper
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

Back on topic, I along with many others of the "silent majority" in Australia will be watching Trump's presidency with interest before considering my voting options at future elections. I'm not happy at all with my current options.

#16 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

me too.... they give us labor or liberal - and then maybe throw in the greens (labor) and nationals (liberal)...... and really expect us to accept its a 2 way street....

minor parties will be getting serious votes from here on in i reckon.... if they leave us the choice of liberal or labor , i can tell you pauline will be getting a lot of votes just like one nation did in qld :)

trump is really the new type of politician that will be getting into more govts around the world.... 

#17 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

you mean like Pauline Hanson ....... Ye ok let's elect a bigot and a complete racist who only preys on the fears of people to get votes. First she hated on the Asians in the 90's now it's the Muslims.
Trump is really just a out of date caveman I mean what's next will he take women's rights away ??? Oh wait he has already started to do that with his termination of govt /private funding to abortions.

where do you get the idea that he is a racist ?

Edited by Conda, 03 April 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#18 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

When he spoke about all Mexicans illegal or not we're rapist and criminals to me when you stereotype like that you are a racist

#19 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

i think you will see political correctness is on the way out in the future... its starting to be booted by some european countries already and they are re-establishing their borders and in some cases building walls.... much the same as trump is thinking.... so because a country doesnt want illegal immigrants does that make them racist ???

#20 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

I think you mis understood, I never said building the wall was racist and to be honest I never said trump was racist condo also didn't read my statement right I actually said Pauline Hanson is s racist and bigot, but I also do think trump racist hence why I never corrected Conda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users