Photo

Rudds New Asylum Seeker Policy

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

i have to admit i think rudd has pulled out what australians want and thats the illegal immigrants coming by boat will never see the light of australian soil.... i think this could well be the deciding factor in labor being re-elected... abbott was put in a hard spot saying he liked it but then tried to find something negative to say... 

http://www.smh.com.a...0719-2q9fa.html

and heres another link pointing out some possible negatives... as it seems some people will only put up with a story that has both sides represented in one way or another.... :)

http://www.abc.net.a...ock-png/4832182

#2 Zabick

Zabick
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

i think its good that they will never make it here... but i don't believe that duddy ruddy can make that happen, after all he was the one that took apart howards WORKING pacific plan and opened the floodgates. Not to mention the current lot of labor don't seem to know how to keep a election promise remember 'no carbon tax'.. rudd might be the new face(well old returned face), but the party is still the same

#3 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

thats always a thought but its been gillard at the helm that has caused most of it... rudd knows he needs to change the party as well as his thoughts and policies to get re-elected.... 

im still voting one nation... but  ithink a lot of simpleton people will see this as a reason to vote labor.... and it doesnt matter who you are you only carry the weight of one vote

#4 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think a few simpletons will see this as a reason to vote One Nation :P

#5 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

riots and burning asylum seeker accomodation....

http://www.theage.co...0719-2qa7n.html

are these the sort of people we would like to see immigrated to australia ? 

could your comment kleinz been seen as a personal attack ? 

#6 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

If you lock people in a cage and call them illegal they are bound to be angry...

#7 slink

slink
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

The most effective way australia has delt with asylum seekers so far was to turn them around IMO

Edit: but I also do believe that the government needs to re-think the "legal asylum" process to reduce the number of the boats and deaths

Edited by slink, 20 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#8 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

could your comment kleinz been seen as a personal attack ?

Well  if mine can, then so can your comment that I was responding to. See my point? :)

#9 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

does that mean your a labor voter kleinz ?

although i cannot put myself into their shoes but..... im going to try and let my imagination go to work....

im in a poor muslim country with conflict happening daily whether its american/allied helicopter gunships flying overhead or its our own country men threatening to kill us... we have decided to leave and make it to a safe heaven for me and my wife and 7 kids... we trek overland for days even weeks it seems... with very little water and food we continue to struggle in terrible heat and sand storms... we find small amount of water to keep us going.... my youngest is suffering and isnt well... one wonders if he'll make it... we are not alone as several others are making the trek also... yesterday an older man died from a wolf attack... and i sustained a bite on my arm... i wonder if it will get infected and i will die and not be able to provide for my family... we near the border and we have to wait till darkness to try and cross it... it is heavily guarded by armed muslims... when night falls we are led by an older man who knows the way... we walk through a tight passage of rock and cliff to avoid detection by the armed muslims... we are now into another country... muslims are the dominate people and the markets are a relief to see... we take some of our savings and buy fruit and potatoes and a couple of chickens... barely enough to feed us for a few days... we collect water and continue our trek... we must save our life savings for the boat journey that lies ahead.... after several months we make it though several more countries to where we hope to get a boat... unfortunately we lost our youngest son along the way... my arm has been infected and has made me weak but now at least some salt water will help it heal one hopes... i leave my family and try to contact a people smuggler... i found one and negotiated a deal for my family to get on a boat in 2 days... we get on and are crammed into a small ricketly boat with another 140 people... we have supplies on board.. fresh water and some dried foods enough to last the journey to xmas island we are told... day 10 of the trip and we run out of all supplies... the engine still chugs along slowly... 5 days later we see another boat... its an australian navy ship.... we wait untill it approaches us then we start to sabotage the motor and get ready to scuddle the boat... everybody is on deck for when we start to sink the boat... the navy boat comes alongside and 5 men with guns board us and one of them speaks arabic and asks us lots of questions... where did we come from... whos in charge... etc etc... the boat starts to sink and we are all scurried off the boat and onto the navy ship.... we have made it... we are fed and cleaned on the ship and my wound was attended to... 2 of my kids were taken to see the captain on top deck where the ship is driven from... they are having fun and come back with big smiles.... we pull into xmas island and are unloaded to meet more people who ask us more questions... we are housed in nice new buildings and are fed and we have a shower and a toilet... a roof over our head to protect from the sun and wind and rain.... we are given cigarettes and condoms and all these other luxuries which the others take but my family has no need for them but we do take some extra fruit to eat... we are given medical check ups and one of my girls has some dental work.. we have colour television and the internet and are now receiving many meals a day.....

at this point im so grateful for the food and shelter and generosity shown to us by the people of australia... but they say to us we could be here for 12 mths or even longer till we are processed and then a decision is made whether or not we will be housed in australia (mainland).... 

now back to reality why in the blazes would i damage and destroy the facilities provided to us ??? i am receiving food and water and accomodation i could never of dreamed off along with everything my family needs... i want for nothing... as we are safe... and living like kings.... 

i would never be abusive to our hosts as we are so lucky to be here....

SO WHY DO THE BOAT PEOPLE CAUSE TROUBLE ???

because they are all not legitimate refugees i ask... a genuine refugee would be so grateful for what they have received... 

comments please :)

#10 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

ive never had a problem with it and just tried not to get to much into the posts about it... but this is rediculous! and now even ive had enough of the treatment by these ungrateful &%$#@#@ they are not being shot at or killed like where they came from? so why cause trouble?  dont bite the hand that feeds you!

Edited by TheTexasCichlidMasacre, 21 July 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#11 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

news clip from abc showing the millions of dollars worth of damage done... friggin disgraceful... one way ticket back to where they came from.... thats australian taxpayer dollars that pay for this... govt should be able to put them to work until such time they pay back the debt... 

http://www.abc.net.a...-damage/4833274

#12 scottvh

scottvh
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Dont think Rudd's magical fairy wand has fixed this problem just yet ..... :o

#13 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

I would just like to say that THIS http://www.abc.net.a...a-fraud/4833710 is a far bigger problem than asylum seekers and refugees, by orders of magnitude.

#14 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

This made me smile, funny but true. You do the wrong thing and one day, no matter how long it may take it always comes back to bite you on the ass.[attachment=20208:Aboriginal.jpg]

#15 slink

slink
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hahaha that's a good one :D

#16 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Haha yeah seen that one a while ago still makes me laugh though :)

#17 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

yep a classic groper!!! 

just did an up to date google on how boat people have arrived this year so far and got 15,300..... thats a lot almost in the same ballpark as kleinz's link considering its only 6 and a bit months worth... 

#18 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

gee this issue is really hotting up in the news.... looks like its going to be the deciding issue on how voters vote.... i can see why though its a complex problem with more issues down the track....

job statistics on refugees in australia...

http://www.news.com....r-1226050161428

surely the government can do something about this with job assistance programs or something... 

#19 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

first load of refugees to land on manus island... wonder how they like that ?... paid 10k for a boat ride to australia and we end up in papua new guinea

#20 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

You can't really blame the refugees for coming here by boat though, they're in a place where you can get killed any minute and are living a life or fear and the people smugglers must tell them that Australia is heaven, no roadside bombs, no kidnappings etc. Of course they want to come to Australia because it is a much safer environment.

What I find disgusting is that some Australians see them as criminals for seeking a better life.

Sure they might bring diseases, sure some of them are dangerous but if there is proper processing camps with medical facilities, psychologists etc. then the refugees that are a threat to Australian citizens can be sent to PNG or somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users