Photo

New Member Intro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fstop72

fstop72
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Hello and thanks for the forum approval.

My name is Jeff and came across the forum during my trolling of the net for all things aquascaping.

It all started off with a first "hypoallergenic" pet for our highly sensitive 5yr old daughter. Poor thing reacts to most warm blooded animals. So we thought we'd start off with a goldfish. Sunday arvo drive to the lfs saw us walk out with a Siamese fighter and its new home, along with an Aquaone Nano 40 kit lol.

During my research into keeping fish, I stumbled upon James Findlay's work and fell in love the idea of a living piece of art in the house. Looks daunting, but super keen to give it a crack.

So I bought the nano kit, with the intention of using as a test tank to hone some skills, and then graduate to a larger tank, relegating the nano to the study or daughters bedroom/playroom.
Contents include some natural stone, a piece of synthetic driftwood, 4 pots of plants I split, and yesterday we added 6 fish to it.
Would love to plant more (moss, grass and maybe a bit more colour) and let the plantlife take over to some degree.

Thats about it in a nutshell, looking forward to learning lots from the forum, and in the future, sharing with you a kickarse planted tank thats going to give me hours and hours of mesmerising wasted time.

Here's where its at a week after startup.

Attached File  image.jpg   124.54KB   10 downloads

#2 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

Welcome buddy I to started out with a nano and within a year went to a 7x2x2 good luck with all

#3 fstop72

fstop72
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hahaha, thanks buddy. The spot in the house allows for something large and dramatic.

#4 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

hi mate

welcome to PCS. I love planted tanks, but I find that stuff by the green machine is a bit wanky.

Naming an aquascape is a bit lame. Although a lot of people are in to it. I probably just say that as I suck at Aquascaping.

That's a cool little fish tank. You'll be hooked by multiple tank syndrome before you know it. And yet, MTS is actually a thing.

#5 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Didn't you name your last scape Jason?

#6 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Nope. You're talking about the Biotope right? I named the Biotope.

#7 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

Hello and thanks for the forum approval.

My name is Jeff and came across the forum during my trolling of the net for all things aquascaping.

It all started off with a first "hypoallergenic" pet for our highly sensitive 5yr old daughter. Poor thing reacts to most warm blooded animals. So we thought we'd start off with a goldfish. Sunday arvo drive to the lfs saw us walk out with a Siamese fighter and its new home, along with an Aquaone Nano 40 kit lol.

During my research into keeping fish, I stumbled upon James Findlay's work and fell in love the idea of a living piece of art in the house. Looks daunting, but super keen to give it a crack.

So I bought the nano kit, with the intention of using as a test tank to hone some skills, and then graduate to a larger tank, relegating the nano to the study or daughters bedroom/playroom.
Contents include some natural stone, a piece of synthetic driftwood, 4 pots of plants I split, and yesterday we added 6 fish to it.
Would love to plant more (moss, grass and maybe a bit more colour) and let the plantlife take over to some degree.

Thats about it in a nutshell, looking forward to learning lots from the forum, and in the future, sharing with you a kickarse planted tank thats going to give me hours and hours of mesmerising wasted time.

Here's where its at a week after startup.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users