Hello All

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hello all

I love fish of all forms, favourite ones are the red cap orandas and the lionheads goldfish.

I have a 6' marine tank setup, filled with Royal Gramma (2), Royal Tangs (2), Clown fish, Moorish Idol (1), some butterflies and about 7-15 blood shrimps (they hide and have been breeding from 3 I originally bought)

Have 2 small tanks recently bought that houses cherry shrimps and crystal shrimps
- cherries been breeding, crystal have not

Have 3 ponds out in the backyard one filled with kois and the other two with goldfish (one adult the other a breeding pond)

And finally one 3' tank with 3 red caps orandas

It's not the most expensive hobby I have undertaken by it is fairly close...

Anyway cheers to all

- As of the 8th Sept 2008

Getting some discus, never ventured so boldly into what's reputed to be one of the fussiest and difficult fish to maintain, heard once you get them going, and keep the water in top quality and get them to eat then you're laughing.

#2 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Aug 24 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all

I love fish of all forms, favourite ones are the red cap orandas and the lionheads goldfish.

I have a 6' marine tank setup, filled with Royal Gramma (2), Royal Tangs (2), Clown fish, Moorish Idol (1), some butterflies and about 7-15 blood shrimps (they hide and have been breeding from 3 I originally bought)

Have 2 small tanks recently bought that houses cherry shrimps and crystal shrimps
- cherries been breeding, crystal have not

Have 3 ponds out in the backyard one filled with kois and the other two with goldfish (one adult the other a breeding pond)

And finally one 3' tank with 3 red caps orandas

It's not the most expensive hobby I have undertaken by it is fairly close...

Anyway cheers to all

Gday

Nice range or tanks & species there! Would luv to see some pics.

Dazza smile.gif

#3 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Aug 24 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gday

Nice range or tanks & species there! Would luv to see some pics.

Dazza smile.gif

Sorry for the late reply was out on a project. I am an auditor so I travel a lot to the countryside. Will upload pics when I have time biggrin.gif

Just an update, getting more CRSs and my marine tank had it, seems while I was away the filters weren't working, probably a power surged and most of the fish and shrimps died or is dying.... *sob sob* This is the second time that's happened. Dunno if I still wanna continue after this. Probably would concentrate on my red caps, kois and FW shrimps.

#4 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Aug 30 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my marine tank had it, seems while I was away the filters weren't working, probably a power surged and most of the fish and shrimps died or is dying.... *sob sob* This is the second time that's happened. Dunno if I still wanna continue after this. Probably would concentrate on my red caps, kois and FW shrimps.

That's a damn shame. I suppose leaving any tank unattended for an extended period of time could spell disaster, marines being one of the most sensitive doesn't help. I lost a handful of tangs which cost me about $450+ ohmy.gif due to ich a few months back.

Dazza

#5 divine

divine
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Aug 30 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an update, getting more CRSs and my marine tank had it, seems while I was away the filters weren't working, probably a power surged and most of the fish and shrimps died or is dying.... *sob sob* This is the second time that's happened. Dunno if I still wanna continue after this. Probably would concentrate on my red caps, kois and FW shrimps.

Again? man, think you have no luck with marines

How much more CRS are you getting, thought you were getting 10?

#6 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

Hi Sazabi and welcome to the Pcs Forums biggrin.gif

Look forward to seeing you around biggrin.gif

Craig

#7 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Scat @ Sep 1 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sazabi and welcome to the Pcs Forums biggrin.gif

Look forward to seeing you around biggrin.gif

Craig

Thanks Craig

Was going to come tomorrow night to the meeting, but... something important came up... actually two somethings and it is a once a year thingy...

In another note, I think I might start a small tank with only live rocks and harlequin shrimps, anyone knows how much are they now? 5 years ago they were about $500 each........ :x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users