Photo

Wanted : English Or Australian Bulldog Pups

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

not looking for them to breed just a pet... after one seeing if someone can help me out a bit or no of anyone selling a puppy.

#2 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Blakey @ Aug 31 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not looking for them to breed just a pet... after one seeing if someone can help me out a bit or no of anyone selling a puppy.

Hey Blakey let me know if ya find a breeder I would be interested too. rolleyes.gif

#3 lilfish

lilfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

I can give you names of registered breeders in the east if you are interested, Unfortunately there are no Aussie bulldog breeders in WA at present. The kennel club does not recognise this as a breed in its own right yet, there needs to be 5 generations before its recognised, I think we are up to 4.

Please dont buy from backyard breeders because they are cheaper, Backyard breeders do not have papers for a reason ( the stock is not breeding quality) and as such usually they wont have had the proper health checks such as Hip scores, eyes etc.
Bulldogs have very bad skin, nose and breathing problems in particular and a registered breeder will make sure they are breeding the right male and female to limit these traits in the breed.

They also have very energetic, dominant personality traits, and are not always great with other dogs and animals. Not for the faint hearted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like i said if you want proper breeders details please PM me.

PS: Sorry if this sounds harsh but as a vet nurse i hold so many unwanted puppies while they are put to sleep each year, due to unregistered, poor quality dogs being bred by backyard breeders for a quick buck. I happen to be very emotionally affected by this in more ways than one.
Please sterilize your pets, its better for them in the long run.

#4 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

im all up to scratch on my dogs and what not... and am all researched up on the bulldogs... but the reason i dont want to go through as registered breeder is i dont want to pay $1,000 - $1,500 for a dog. I dont wanna pay more than $500 for a pup... thats why im sort of looking around. Doesnt have to be an australian bulldog... if you know of hear of any english bulldog pups in perth free to good home or $500 or under then please let me know. As i said i am after a pet/companion not a breeder.

#5 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Good post by Lilfish and i agree 100%.
Buy from a registered breeder and please do NOT go to a petshop to buy puppies. Puppies from breeders are dearer for a reason, they have to pay for various healthchecks and screenings (dependant on breed) before they sell the pup. Most breeders will take the dog back if it develops health issues due to genetics or breed predisposition.
The dogs that are sold below $500 most probably only had the vaccination done and that's it - it's a pure money making business by puppy farmers who do not check for health or character.
It may sound harsh, but if you don't want to pay what a proper pup is worth, maybe it's not such a good idea to get one. Support the people who do the right thing by buying from a proper breeder. I have a very strong opinion when it comes to this because I have seen what puppy farms look like and the dogs that are abused there sad.gif sad.gif angry.gif angry.gif

#6 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

Well.. i cant afford thousands... but i want a bulldog..

No doubt there are some people out there who are breeding bulldogs and arnt been so official about it.

I dont think i should have my right to own a dog removed because im not rich enough? Doesnt make sense...

As i said im not after a trophy dog im after a companion. All our previous dogs have been bought from people in the paper.. or from an animal shelter... no problems all happy.

#7 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

I think there's a misconception that a dog from a breeder is automatically a show dog and fancy pantsy. That is not the case. Breeders adhere to the breed standards and breed to produce dogs that are an improvement on their parents. Some litters may produce the desired result in one or two dogs, which the breeder usually keeps, the rest will be sold to either show, agility etc or pet homes. As we all know, health tests are not cheap, that's why the price goes up even if it's "just" a pet.

And btw owning a dog is not a right, it's a privilege smile.gif
And good on you for taking dogs from a shelter in the past.
Good luck with the search.

#8 ZOLTAN

ZOLTAN
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

Yeah i refuse to buy from a back yard breeder, i got my puppy boxer from a champion breeder here in W.A and forked out $1000 for him. But i would'nt have it any other way tho, but if your not able to fork out $1000 for a good breed of mans best friend, why don't you try your local pound and see what critters they have. I know some times they do end up with pups or young pups entering adult hood.

#9 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

I'm in the same boat Blakey. I want a staffy preferably Irish (again not a recognised breed I don't think?) and same deal getting one through a registered breeder will be more than I can afford atm. Actually its finding a "Irish Staff" is the bigger issue. Friends of mine brought a couple over from the UK and having seen them I want 1 over an American or English staff. Anyone know quality breeders of Long legged staffs? Sorry hope I haven't hijacked your thread bro

#10 ZOLTAN

ZOLTAN
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

G'day Bigz, try this site mate, this is where i went after seeking some info from a mates mum who trained young pups at different doggie schools. http://www.cawa.asn.au/
But if your just after a backyard special then i guess the quokka is the best place to look.

#11 Edelia

Edelia
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

Have you thought of one of the dog rescue groups like K9?

#12 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

i have tried they had a bulldog but was too old.. after a pup

#13 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Blakey @ Sep 2 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have tried they had a bulldog but was too old.. after a pup

Hmm quokka online's got a few puppies on offer.......

gumtree's got one....

adoos' got one as well...

Personally I prefer to go to a register breeder, I got my Siberian Husky from one and I never looked back. I know the quality of breeding is in there and the breeder was able to direct me to a lot of information and I can always call her and ask any questions.

A dog is a dog and I guess you would love it no matter where it came from. But for me, an extra $500 for a quality dog seems like a small price to pay when you consider their lifespan which could be from 8-10 years and some lived for 21. So that would equate to paying $50-$62.50 extra a year, or roughly a dollar a week.... this does not account for inflation (oops sorry, getting technical here)

Good luck in finding one, or should I say don't worry, the pup will find you smile.gif

#14 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (ZOLTAN @ Sep 2 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G'day Bigz, try this site mate, this is where i went after seeking some info from a mates mum who tried young pups at different doggie schools. http://www.cawa.asn.au/
But if your just after a backyard special then i guess the quokka is the best place to look.

Cheers seems like a great site think I'll throw some breeders on there a few emails smile.gif

#15 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

I would check out Midland Pets & Aquarium!!

Every single time i go in there, they always have some awesome pups! Infact, its where i bought my
American Staffy from...cost me $450 (no papers)

Check him out:

"Tank"

#16 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

NICE one bro hes awesome cute as!! Very reasonable price to.

#17 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

Yeh cheers man! he's about 30kg heavier now tho! haha...

so any luck yet blakey??

#18 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

got any pics of his at adult size DR14GoNF14SH?
i love american staffies, i want either a pure breed one or x with pitbull. awesome dogs

#19 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:03 AM

yeh i got some pics, but they all on my mobile phone...and i dont have the transfer cable...

he is still only 7 months, so not yet fully grown adult...but i will try get some pics up later....

btw: have u seen the awesome male amstaff at joondalup lfs? Same clolour as mine...and he was my inspiration...

#20 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

Blakey's always been tighter than a Bristlenoses bum smile.gif

love ya Blakey

ps. work out how long you think the dog will live for , divide that by the cost of the dog , then divide that by every minute that dog will worship you and just buy a decent dog you tight basterd FFS !!!!!

one thing i can always say about what you spend on dog's , cat's and fish is that once you have them home , money is the last thing you will care about , so buy a animal that will be happy and healthy and keep you company for years

just remember this one comment for the rest of your days mate

A POOR MAN SPEND'S TWICE!!!!

love ya like fam king

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users