Perth Summer Weather

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

Is it just me or is Perth summer more like spring?? Actually gave up and had a jumper on a few times in last few days.

Normally the garage is like an oven and I'm thinking yes, wise not to have fish tanks in there. Now I'm checking out for empty space and looking at power points....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

The seasons are just a month out, the hot weather will come.

#3 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Hope so mr sandgroper!

People whinging about global warming, it seems to me that we are getting the opposite, global cooling ...

#4 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

The seasons have shifted plus we would probably be more accurate here using the aboriginal 6 seasons as opposed to the European 4. That and if you look into the effects of el nino and la nina you probably find that where we are is due to get cooler and stormier before getting warmer. Does not indicate global warming is not occurring, more an indicator that it is and is effecting global weather patterns, currents etc already... sent from Huawei P9 using tapatalk app.

Edited by Hood, 30 December 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#5 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

Absolutley  Hood   El Nino  plays a significant part in the  weather we receive in WA particually  the  Cyclone  season ... I am a great believer in Global Warming  and how we are destroying  the world ;)

#6 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

I had wondered. About 5 years ago we had really warm weather at Xmas in Albany. Next few years got colder there and for the last two years we have just stayed in Perth. Shame as was great spot. Hanging out for that warm weather lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:32 AM

that would be el nino and la nina hood..... :)

in my opinion we are headed toward an ice age...

earths huge iron/nickel magnetic core is actually cooling.... at about 100 degrees per billion years...

scientists have said before an ice age occurs the earth tends to go through a relatively short period of warming up.....

but as far as time frame goes it isnt gonna happen tomorrow or even in our lifetime so dont worry , be happy :) 

global warming is used by industrial countries to justify more taxes.... 

as far as pollution goes - one major volcanic eruption on the planet emits more green house gases than all of man kind in the last 300 years of industrial revolution...some estimates say 20 times more.... 

i do agree we are generally polluting the earth - but the earth will regenerate in time once humanity has wiped itself out... 

i cant remember the last time we had a decent summer... when i was a teenager i remember weeks on end with temps 35-45 degrees... havent seen any of that for a long time...

#8 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

I do remember about 3 or 4 years ago we had 30 degree average for april and no salmon in the metro area and people catching spanish mackerel in gracetown and marlin off dunsborough.

#9 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

warm currents coming down the coast were stronger than usual...

i remember one year when i had my old panel van as a teenager we used to hit the metro coast and fish all night/morning.... 

catching tailor off north mole at crack of dawn and a school of mackies came through and several were hooked and brought to the rocks (so we could id them) but no-one got one out of the water to take home....  then in sunday times it said a spanish mackie was landed off hillarys so they were all around perth metro for a little while.... but that doesnt happen on a regular basis.... 

be good if it was... :)

#10 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

We picked up a Mackie on the west end of rotto yesterday. Picked up another one in January 2016 out of Mindarie. 

#11 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Twas raining in Augusta when I was there last week. Funny time of year for rain

#12 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

There will always be good numbers of mackies in the summer time off of rotto. Nothing like when they were a regular occurrence off north mole a few years back. And also long tail tuna being caught in the harbour
  • ice likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users