Nano Tank Saltwater Cost?

#saltwater nano tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ramjan

Ramjan
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hi guys i have never had saltwater tank before.So,I want to start with Nano Saltwater tank, but im thinking if someone can tell me how much would it cost $$$ to have it set up (excl fish,coral). and is it good idea to go for nano as beginner and how hard is it to maintain?

#2 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

Nano can be much harder as there less stable........ check out nanoreef.com

I have a nice nano tank I'm contemplating to sell if keen B)

#3 tunagirll

tunagirll
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:25 AM

I had a professionally set up nano marine tank, cost about $1200 all up if that helps

#4 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

depends, what you do an what you want.

Skimmerless or skimmer, sumping it? quality/type of light - Kessil or radion LED vs T5 fluros or what not. Cheap wavemaker vs Vortech MPs, its all what you make it.

Best bit is to go on Nano reef and see tank threads, some awesome tanks that have been set up with cheap misc. things and then there's pro style tanks that have had bucket loads spent that don't look as good. Its more what you make it and keeping things consistent and to a routine that works.

#5 Ramjan

Ramjan
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

yes thanks for the info tunagirl, jules !  :)

was just a curiosity when i saw a tiny little nano reef tank and wanted to get one with just 2 clown fish or something like that...

looks like as a rookie its a bad choice to go for! 

i havbe no idea of skimmer wavemakes or leds ... just saw a video on youtube as well and he just made it seem so simple " a lie"

#6 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

if you want a tank for a pair of clowns and some basic as corals, you could run a very basic set up.

years ago at pet magic we used to sell aqua one ar320 tanks with some live rock and a pair of clown fish, nothing to flash required on the fish side of things.

#7 tunagirll

tunagirll
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

It can be simple to maintain so long as you keep at it daily. I had the lads at Aquarium Gallery set mine up, they designed it to be low maintenance. Distilled top up daily, a little coral food, 50% water change a week and bob's your uncle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users