Photo

Belated Hello

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shayshell

shayshell
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

Okay, so I'm not completely 'new', (I can sometimes be found trying to stump Ronny in 'Name that Fish' tongue.gif ) but seems there are a few hello's lately, so thought I would join in

I joined a few months ago and found the site so helpful I became a club member! Most of the sites I was haunting were over east or overseas, so it's nice to know there is so much 'local' knowledge and help.

I've just moved (what a pain when fish tanks are involved!), so I currently only have 3 'holding' tanks running while we settle in. Before the move, we had a 6ft & 4ft SEAsian tank, 4ft livebearers, 4ft & 3ft SAmerican tank and a nano with RCS... and we lived in a unit!! Now we're in a house, so we'll see how many we end up with tongue.gif

I love researching and creating biotopes and will probably get more specific when I set up the new tanks. A little piece of the Danau Sentarum, Borneo for the clowns... well, I can dream laugh.gif

We also have 12 adorable rats and a pyschotic cat...

#2 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

Welcome to the forum, it's nice to hear you found it useful and decided to support the club - good on ya!
If you can make it to a meeting, come and say hello. The next one is on the 6th October and Pacco (owner of Vebas) will answer questions relating to dry goods.

#3 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi SS

I've noticed you've been dominating the "Name that fish" comp. Where did you obtain these leet skills? (or are you just a pro at searching the net)??

Daz smile.gif

#4 shayshell

shayshell
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Sep 16 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi SS

I've noticed you've been dominating the "Name that fish" comp. Where did you obtain these leet skills? (or are you just a pro at searching the net)??

Daz smile.gif

LOL

Definitely the latter, but it's how I learn...

Jen

#5 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Welcome mate!

I see that you're enjoying yourself already! Good stuff! smile.gif

Would love to see pics of your tanks!

Cheers!
Kevin

#6 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

welcome shay shell. you are certainly keeping us entertained. and like Kev said throw up some pickies of your tanks when you get a chance.

#7 shayshell

shayshell
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the welcome all and yep, I sure will post pics as soon as the tanks are set up again.

Funny how once you take them apart, you can never get them to look the same again! dry.gif

#8 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

Welcome Jen biggrin.gif

Been good playing the forum game with you biggrin.gif I've missed a few due to being in Brissy and not checking on it that much but when I get back to Perth, I'll have all the time in the world to try and stump you lol.
(I actually dont know the one you've put up at the moment but dont have time to find it while Im in Brissy lol)

Am also keen to see some pics biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users