Photo

Finally

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

My scianochromis fryeri "white Knight" have spawned tongue.gif . After having this guys at a breeding size for nearly 6 months they have finally got the act together and done the wild thing. And what a mouth full it is after holding for only two days she already has a massive drop jaw. So if she manages to hold to full term it should be a reasonable first clutch. biggrin.gif

#2 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

Good stuff mate! It's always a good feeling when your fish start to breed! biggrin.gif

I just googled your fish species, and they look quite nice. Good luck with them!

#3 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

yeah its the one in my avatar. I will see if i can find some pictures of them.

edit I can't find any pics and I left the box browny at work today. will have to wait till tomorrow

#4 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

She spat them............ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#5 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

It's the first mouth full, I normally dont expect anything untill the third or after wink.gif

She just needs pratice...

Now that they've started, it should be the first of many biggrin.gif

#6 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Well another female is holding now, different to the first one and she is the biggest of all the girls. I won't hold my breathe on this clutch but hope for the best.

A question though.

Is a water change a good I dea when girl is holding or should I keep the water parameters as they are? I would imagine that the later is better but wanted to ask for peace of mind

#7 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

This proves you have a randy male lol.
Let's hope your females pick up their act tongue.gif

I do my water changes as per usual when I have holding fish, it doesn't seem to affect them in any way.
When setting up fry tanks, I use water from the main tank only then do small water changes everyday or every second day. Half the water I add is from the parent tank also, until they're a bit bigger then I just do normal water changes.

#8 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

I stick to the same regime when WCing. Mainly because in some cases I can't wait 4 weeks while she holds (heavily stocked display tank) between changes. If the fry were in their own small tank and fairly young (just free swimming) I'm a tad cautious as to how much I change and in often I will use all/part water from the parent's tank.

Daz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users