Feb Meeting -- Do Not Miss.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Ronny @ Jan 25 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a great idea, only that leaves ME with no money for the fish I was bribing for LOL

It always worked for me wink.gif Whatever I get selling fish and plants, half goes to my fiancee wink.gif Not that she ever complained about me spending money on fish *chuckles*

#22 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

It's not that she complains about me spending money on fish, it's cos I'm not spending that money on her LMAO

#23 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Ronny @ Jan 25 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that she complains about me spending money on fish, it's cos I'm not spending that money on her LMAO

Which is why, half the proceeds of the sale of fish and plants will go to her or buy something for her... like a tank!! or a cannister filter!

"Honey, I bought you this lovely 6fter tank, it's a bargain, plus the guy threw in this lovely geos as well, how's that for a bargain, but it's all yours, but dont you worry, I'll do all the water changes, feeding and caring, but they are all yours"

Anyway back to topic, Is it alright if I take a pic of my discus and ask what's wrong with it? or bring the discus along is better?

#24 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Seriously... what makes you think I haven't tried that LOL.

#25 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Ronny @ Jan 25 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously... what makes you think I haven't tried that LOL.

But not hard enough tongue.gif

#26 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Cicolid @ Jan 13 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are really pleased to announce that the speaker for the meeting on Feb 3rd will be Oliver ( Mr_Docfish) from Aquotix.

Oliver hasn't given a talk for some years now, so it is a bit of a coup for the PCS.

Oliver has been answering questions on fish Health & Disease and many other topics on the forums so this should be a very interesting talk. To have someone with his qualifications & knowledge talk to us means that I can guarantee we will all learn something.

There will be the usual great supper, raffle, Members prize & the library will be open to Financial Members.

Hope to see you all there.

Well I have narrowed down my talk to 3 parts for the meeting...

Medications - what to use and where/when to use them (and where/how to find them) - with fancy commercial names, many get confused on what will work and what can be mixed with what. I will try to identify several useful active ingredients and discuss what they are used for and what to use in what order. You can brig your own products in if you wish, and I can use them as examples....

Quarantining at home - what to do, in what order and why.... self explanatory really...

Testing water - the kits you need and why they are important - helping people understand why we need to test the water and what should be tested daily, weekly and monthly.

Hope everyone will be there... bring things in for me to look at or show and tell (I can keep things anonymous) and ask as many questions as you like....

Oliver

#27 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Cant Wait smile.gif

#28 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

I have a e/yellow im bringing in for show and tell Ollie !

You will love this one hopefully huh.gif

Cheers
Craig biggrin.gif

#29 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Regarding videotaping:

I think this would be worth doing. I can bring a tripod and my camera, but mine isn't the greatest. For the purposes of making a DVD to put in the library, the camera should be a DV type, not DVD or harddrive (they compress footage, not great for editing).So if anyone else has a decent DV camera, just bring it along smile.gif
I will bring mine just in case.

#30 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Feb 2 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding videotaping:

I think this would be worth doing. I can bring a tripod and my camera, but mine isn't the greatest. For the purposes of making a DVD to put in the library, the camera should be a DV type, not DVD or harddrive (they compress footage, not great for editing).So if anyone else has a decent DV camera, just bring it along smile.gif

my camera... nothing flash, but it does the job http://www.canon-eur.../xl1s/index.asp

biggrin.gif

I'll bring 2 DV tapes... think that ought to be enough, if the committee doesnt mind me bring it along to video, of course the contents will be converted and given to PCS

If anyone would like to edit the contents, it will be great otherwise I can do it... although... timewise.... lol

#31 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hi Sazabi,

If you want to post it to me, I can do it as long as it is on DV. I use Pinnacle Studio to do my DVD authoring and can also burn multiple copies if you want.

Regards,

Donna

#32 cichlidsrule

cichlidsrule
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

i would have gone but school starts tommorow, oh well another time.

#33 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Feb 2 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my camera... nothing flash, but it does the job http://www.canon-eur.../xl1s/index.asp

biggrin.gif

You're funny. Don't want to see what you call a flash camera then smile.gif
Well I'm counting on you to bring it and the tapes (maybe bring 3 just in case?) and we can mount it on my tripod, unless you want to bring your own.
See you tomorrow!

#34 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Donna @ Feb 2 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to post it to me, I can do it as long as it is on DV. I use Pinnacle Studio to do my DVD authoring and can also burn multiple copies if you want.

I'll convert it to RAW Avi then burn it on a dvd or two, and send it to you, I rather have the original with me, just in case it gets lost in the mail. I dont really trust Australia Post, had too many things go missing whether it was registered, express or normal mail. Hope you understand.

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Feb 2 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're funny. Don't want to see what you call a flash camera then smile.gif
Well I'm counting on you to bring it and the tapes (maybe bring 3 just in case?) and we can mount it on my tripod, unless you want to bring your own.
See you tomorrow!

Thanks for the offer, I got my own biggrin.gif I'll bring 3 tapes then and some spare batteries

Flash? would be my Canon XL-2, currently being serviced

#35 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Coz I've been out of it for a while, (don't go to many meetings besides AA), and I have to work on that day too, what time do you want me there????

#36 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Pretty sure doors open at 7.30pm........Meeting starts at 8.00pm

#37 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (krissytool @ Feb 2 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty sure doors open at 7.30pm........Meeting starts at 8.00pm

Well I think I will have to rush home to de-oderise after work, and say hello to my kids after their first day of school then I can head off without my wife giving me the cold shoulder for such a stunt (don't know how I got away with it... have not done a talk at a meeting for years... blink.gif ). Hope to be there at 8 or just before, as long as I don't get any late customers holding me back after 6pm at work....I have a lot of close up jobs before I can get out of there....

#38 MadMoorii

MadMoorii
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

Sorry to be a pain in the arse - but could you please give me the details of the meeting again (or show me where the link is)?

I've got 7:30pm, Tuesday 3rd February.
Where is it again? And is there any entry fee etc? I'm not a member - how much is it to become one and can I buy/bid on fish there?

Thank yooooou!!
Kate

#39 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (MadMoorii @ Feb 3 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to be a pain in the arse - but could you please give me the details of the meeting again (or show me where the link is)?

I've got 7:30pm, Tuesday 3rd February.
Where is it again? And is there any entry fee etc? I'm not a member - how much is it to become one and can I buy/bid on fish there?

Thank yooooou!!
Kate

Where? Rotary Club Hall, Sandgate St SOUTH PERTH
When? 7:30pm Starts 8:00pm
Fee? None
Raffle? Yes
Membership? : Family $35, Single $25, Concession/Student $15 per annum Click here

#40 MadMoorii

MadMoorii
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Sazabi @ Feb 3 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raffle? Yes

Thanks for the quick reply!

So the next Auction (opportunity to pick up some fish) is in March, not at this meeting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users