August Meeting

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hi All

August meeting will be held on Tuesday the 2nd of August... location details can be found HERE

August will be the PCS AGM and we strongly encourage all members to attend and have their say.
We are also accepting nominations for the next committee which will be voted in on the night.(nominations can be sent to a committee member via pm).
Anybody who is interested in joining the PCS committee but is a bit unsure on what is involved pls dont hesitate to contact myself or any of the other cm for a chat about what is involved.

For the second part of the meeting we will be trialing a small silent auction.
The silent auction will work as follows:

* The auction will consist of 20 lots.
* Only members may book in lots and atm it will be a limit of 2 lots per member and will be first in best dressed until we get to 20 lots.( if we do not reach 20 lots then the number of lots per member will increase.)
* All lots must be Pre booked to myself via pm.( pls do not send me lots now ...i will post pre booking times later.)
* Once all lots are booked i will create a bidding form which will list all the lots 1 - 20 and this is what you will use if you want to place a bid.(the bidding forms will be available on the night..)
* Once you have made a bid on the lots you are interested in, then the bidding forms will be returned to me on the night and the 2 highest bids for each lot will have the chance to bid against each other for that lot.( the idea is to encourage people to bid a reasonable amount for the lots they want as they may only get 1 chance to bid on that lot.)
So for example if there are 4 bids on the first lot ::: $10 from person A...$15 from B ....$20 from C.... and $25 from D then only bidders C + D will have the chance to bid against each other for that lot.
* All other by laws regarding auctions apply (can be found HERE).

If you have any questions regarding the Agm or the silent auction then pls don't hesitate to ask.

Brad

#2 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Going to open up the pre booking for the mini silent auction now.
There are only 20 spots with a limit of 2 lots per member so it will be first in best dressed.

Cheers Brad.

#3 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

8 Lots booked in ... only 12 spots remaining.

Brad

#4 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

We have 9 of the 20 lot positions filled for the mini auction at the August meeting.
Im going to let people put in extra lots to get it to 20 if we have no more lots booked by 27th of July.
If you haven't pre booked and you want to enter a lot now is the time to do it.

Cheers Brad

#5 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

8 spots left people .... anybody want to book in extra lots ill take the first 8 to pm me.

Brad

#6 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

Still need the 8 more lots to make the 20.
Will accept lots from any club member.
Would like to have the 20 spots filled by Sunday night...... If we don't get there then it could be a very MINI auction.

Cheers Brad

#7 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Will you be posting what will be available to bid on at the silent auction?

Cheers
SJ

#8 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thought i might make it a surprise...... will mean you will have to attend the agm/auction to see what is up for grabs??? biggrin.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#9 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

Don't you think there will be a better attendance if the lots where advertised? Gives people an idea on how much money to bring too. Doesn't bother me either way, I'm going for the AGM meeting.. I have no room for anymore fish sad.gif

Edited by Sarah Jayne, 30 July 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#10 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

im happy to put a list up when i get the 20 lots so that people can see what is going to be there. smile.gif

#11 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Quick guys!! Get your lots in!! smile.gif

#12 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

I think it's better to keep them a surprise , like Brad said it means you haftoo come to see what they are

#13 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

Meetings tonight guys!! See y'all there! smile.gif

#14 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Nice to meet you all tonight at the meeting... smile.gif I think the silent auction was a great idea and a lot of fun, top job Scotty smile.gif
see you all next month smile.gif

Nick

#15 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Cheers biggrin.gif

#16 Witters

Witters
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

Firstly, thanks to all those who served on the committee last year, and welcome to the new one.

I think the silent auction was a good test run and think it could be quite good with a bit of tweaking.
I know Brad said it was more work on the committee side of things, but I think with the right ratio of lots to bidders, most items will fetch a decent price as intended.
Maybe look at some ways to either restrict the amount of lots to encourage more fierce bidding, so under normal circumstances with more people attending this might keep the bids high.
Or limit the amount of same species lots for the same reason. I know both suggestions have the same negative effect of reducing the auction in some way, however I'm working with the principal of supply and demand.
Just my thoughts on the auction as it was a trial, which i believe to be the right step forward, at least in some part. Thanks again to those who organised and ran the auction.

Ryan

#17 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for the feedback Ryan.

I thought the silent auction showed potential, perhaps we can do 5 to 10 lots at each regular meeting and like you say make sure they're all different species lots. Will help put a bit of variety into our club meets.

And thanks to past committee members again for their efforts over the past year and beyond - Tim, Tony and Krystal. And thanks Bowdy for stepping in to make sure this was mentioned, poor oversight on my behalf. Also not acknowledged were the efforts by Matt (lawdog), Craig (Scat) and Terry who for various personal circumstances stood down during the year - thanks guys.

I also agree with Dave's suggestion that we start making it easier to put faces to names, particularly committee who are here to represent the members. I know I struggle to connect forum handles with real names at club meetings and with new faces showing up nearly every meeting, it would be good to have some sort of name badge so everyone knows who you are and you know who everyone else is - will look into it.

#18 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Next month Im making a name badge!! smile.gif

I agree with the above mentioned idea that the auction could have fewer lots for more intense bidding but I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one smile.gif

Edited by Riggertron, 03 August 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#19 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

A couple of auctions ago Sarah and Bernie did up name badges for everyone which was a great idea. Worked a treat smile.gif

#20 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

Done it already. Theres are sticky name badges in the briefcase from last time I tried

Ninja Tony ph34r.gif

It was just to hard to do them up for everyone. If everyone wasn't so lazy and wrote their own up it would be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users