Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Pseudotropheus Livingstonii (Malawi Shell Dwellers)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

It's already here buccal, you just have to come join the party ;)

#42 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

Wouldn't it be great if people who kept the rare stuff shared them with other enthusiasts at a fair price.

#43 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

I think you guys would be suprised at just how often German orders and how many were undergone just to keep the species we had abundant,,, much more careful measures now must be taken as the importing has stopped.
Noting to people to think carefully is not negative.

#44 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

Wouldn't it be great if people who kept the rare stuff shared them with other enthusiasts at a fair price.

Another one, assume, instigate then get stuck into the guy that bought much excellent stuff to Perth.
Dude,,, I was working 12-14 hour days carpentry, I'd come home and feed my fish which takes 2 hours.
Then half hour maintenance, then all the other stuff around my 4.5 acres.
I then spend most nights milking and segregating fry into the hours of the night.
I did this weekends also as well as box up fish and run to airport supplying two eastern shops
I'd also run around shops local here delivering fish all weekend.
Only privates I had were stingray buyers.

Now you want you want me to serve Cichlid buyers all weekend, I can't even give 5 mins of my day time,,, I'm only on here when I get the chance to Sit in front of television.

Get your facts straight before you try making some one feel horrible.

#45 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

We all have different ways of keeping species alive and well bucs way is just as effective as others. I don't see why people criticise him for it we should just be happy he keeps all his species pure and abundant even if it is only for himself at least they are still here in Perth or even Oz for that matter. But it goes both ways buc you need to be careful on how you approach subjects you sometimes come across a little arrogant at times which in turn can get people a bit annoyed. Let's just use this forum for it intended use which is to supply info to people from people who I think are extremely knowledgeable on all things fish

Edited by Chopstick_mike, 31 October 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#46 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

Well said Mike

I dont believe I was saying it was you Mark, I was just saying ;)
I know how busy one can be with multiple tanks, been there done that. Maybe not as many as you as I dont have 4.5 acres to play with unfortunately.

I do believe that people who are able to afford the cooler,rare or unusual species and are able to breed them as they have the space and time, should start selling them here in WA first.
Yes I do realise that some species are quite costly, but its like playing with cars.... you never make your money back, you do it because you love it and try to make some money back.

Anyhooooo we're getting off topic again and I do apologise to the topic starter.

#47 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

We all have different ways of keeping species alive and well bucs way is just as effective as others.
I don't see why people criticise him for it we should just be happy he keeps all his species pure and abundant even if it is only for himself at least they are still here in Perth or even Oz for that matter.
But it goes both ways buc you need to be careful on how you approach subjects you sometimes come across a little arrogant at times which in turn can get people a bit annoyed.

Let's just use this forum for it intended use which is to supply info to people from people who I think are extremely knowledgeable on all things fish

thats just it,,, I spew out what I know and that's it.
I can't have any feeling on typing words, as things can be pronounced in so, so many different ways.
Only time I speak harshly, is always after someone's poked me, and if you haven't noticed yet, I'm wordsmithing for my own defence.
I'm golden on and off the field.

#48 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

Boys, just settle down. Boys because your acting like kids everyone has their opinions and most topics are open for personalised comments. Sure maybe buccal is a bit negative in YOUR opinions but he isn't wrong nor right because it depends on who you ask. Sure a straighten up when someone gets out of hand is good but I think we can keep this arguing and bickering on the low! Well I'm off to snoop the web for some species to breed! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LexAgate, 31 October 2016 - 10:26 PM.

#49 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

I agree.
Key word : tolerance.

#50 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:43 AM

Well said Mike
I dont believe I was saying it was you Mark, I was just saying ;)
I know how busy one can be with multiple tanks, been there done that. Maybe not as many as you as I dont have 4.5 acres to play with unfortunately.
I do believe that people who are able to afford the cooler,rare or unusual species and are able to breed them as they have the space and time, should start selling them here in WA first.
Yes I do realise that some species are quite costly, but its like playing with cars.... you never make your money back, you do it because you love it and try to make some money back.
Anyhooooo we're getting off topic again and I do apologise to the topic starter.

between us I know, is was a earlier day band wagon full of picks and forks out after the big selfish greedy guy (namely me), not long after you asked for my fish on your first come back try to the hobby. You had some things to say back then with rest of the crowd who didn't understand my predicament.
I know what little knit picks are,,, and it's only those from history that know about the happenings in the past.
When groups of people form, ideals evolve, ideals can be as inaccurate as a personalised assumption, and sometimes it's easy to single out and hate someone when the mainstream feels comfortable in agreeance with one another in the ideals.

I don't wish to stand and tell you your wrong at any time, as many do to me on here, unless I believe it's way out.
But will retaliate in a polite manner, then turn it up accordingly to the offenders level.

To run these forum adequately, has nothing to do with intelligence or knowledge,,,, but it involves a strong knowledge for psychology, as people to fall into behavioural catorgory.
Funny thing is, I mastered long time ago verbal pshycology for my own world by doing constant bussiness as a carpenter,,, and now I'm getting the knack for stereotyping people through text,,, and I only have you guys to thank,,,, as the calmer I can behave under aggression, the more powerful I simply become,,,, simply put, I feed of other people's flaws. :)

#51 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

If I decide to spend big bux on fish Az, I'll see fit as I like to do to recoupe my money Thankyou very much you judging person you.
This is where is when everyone starts picking on me when someon like you starts up,, like I'm a injured phiranna amongst the rest,,,and you don't even know the full story, how could you, you don't even know me.
My fish were tried and bought by shops here in testing numbers and they were half the price in shop compared to eastern shops.
And they still didn't sell.
So what you saying az, continually buy 2 k German orders and sell first fry for cheap to you guys and see rotate Perth for $3 bux each.
Sorry mate but no, I won't give you all my money.
Sit down and study the logistics before you falsely accuse people of doing something in a way they're not,, The realm is re-entered..

Edited by Buccal, 01 November 2016 - 05:00 AM.

#52 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

Wow!!!

That has to be the most self indulgent, delusional and nonsensical set of comments I think you've ever made buccal.

I don't think you have a great understanding of the cichlid scene apart from what's presented on this forum and in your little hidey hole at home - despite what you claim. The insights you sometimes share are like old news to some of us who've been around the block a few times and done more than breed a few mouthbrooders or grow little fish big and sell them. Az is no where near as active in the scene as he used to be and I've also had my disagreements with him in the past too but that's where they belong. some more respect is due his way from you I would think. He knows how to sell cichlids and create trends in the hobby. I'd hate to think people would read your last posts and think less of Az because of them. You could learn a lot from him if you knew how to listen.

Perhaps try sharing some insights on raising fry and maintaining quality stock on another thread of you want to talk. This thread is derailed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users