• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#261 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

That hygro looks pretty tempting.!

Always wanted to do a moss wall though (although do get a bit of flow from filters I guess).

#262 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

Tank has cleared a bit and looks ..... somewhat ..... boring lol. Still getting used to it. It's definitely simple. Needs another water change and remove more floating roots but getting there. Some anubias, lots of java fern and a clump of bolbitus - and I have to confess tank base is decently covered by plants so possibly, just maybe it was a bit jam-packed before.

74564-albums13177-picture71709.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture71708.jpg

#263 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Photos of CO2 reactors - first one has never been cleaned really. Needs a clean but still running quiet even though a bit of dirt on it. Bubbles everywhere.

The second has much lower CO2 bubble count but is not as quiet and getting clogged with roots again. Needs I think a fourth clean.

Also need to do some tank testing on ammonia but mainly been testing pool so been a little slack. But testing pool a lot as was 36C (96F) last night from solar blanket.

74564-albums13177-picture71713.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture71714.jpg

#264 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Added back in some driftwood - few small pieces. My excuse is it was for the catfish / maybe hide the CO2 reactors but all that space in tank is disconcerting...

#265 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

The bolbitis has a few black upper leaves. Planning to try turning down the LED lights and see if that helps. Ferts dosing has been pretty random as well.

#266 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

Packed up second canister filter on weekend. Only running off internal filter now plus plants. Keeping loaches, some catfish, angelfish and rams - going they survive move in a few weeks.

Filter was pretty clean but full of mud from clearing tank at Xmas. Keep meaning to get some test readings, maybe tonight.

I know the spot I think to put tank in rental but forgot to look at power points. Oh well, always the garage.

(Packed and shifted pool - popped the same rib muscle as last year. On the plus side, Bunnings Ute hire made it easy shift).

#267 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Fish still alive so far :) The bolbitis is looking a bit dreadful now though. Away for several days so fingers crossed. The java fern as usual doesn’t seem to have a care in the world.

#268 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

Java fern getting pale leaves so high light / low ferts issue (if same as small tank). Getting pulled down in two weekends so not too bothered.

Got keys to rental and there is a power point for tank. A gas bayonet there as well which is maybe bit of a nuisance but will just bring tank out from wall a bit.

#269 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

One week to go to moving!! Pulled apart some garage shelves and dropped around to new place, along with bits of left over aquarium stuff from the garage. I promised as I was putting it in the car that I really, really would look at throwing some stuff out. The plane ornament is top of the list but the darn thing was too expensive so into the car it went (which surprised the heck out of the neighbors car settled in for a road trip).

#270 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

I think the plane is going to go :) More into driftwood at moment and a friend at work has a huge sunken ship I could grab anytime.

But took in a decent size plastic box and only managed to get in the ‘spare’ stuff from the bookcase drawers either side of tank (plus er, some ‘rainy day’ stuff on top of cupboards - explaining why I have very small 4 nets good for 2 gallon tanks only..).

Still to get onto display cabinet drawers and the cupboards which have the packed away canister filters. And I know one of those is a junk drawer which was catching unless packed away right.

Bit stumped, I think the drawers have shrunk from the hot weather to explain where all the room went.

But possibly I might on-sell the plane. Some dollars would be handy.

I need to check out road tomorrow- thought I saw a hollow tree branch which would be great driftwood.

#271 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:02 AM

Box number two. Plus some canister filters in car.

d83fa4854cf412779f9a4a392518d113.jpg

#272 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

My goodness, three hours to drain and pack up the ‘simplified’ tank. Removalists tomorrow but thinking if it is worth setting up CO2 again.

The CO2 ph probe actually got knocked off the top of tank and fell down behind tank - amazingly survived!

Two buckets of plants and a bucket of fish. Decided to reuse the gravel and hopefully reduce cycling - still keeping just enough for tank bottom cover.

4c414315f7f8a22c157f4fb223567d36.jpg
And new spot (fingers crossed nothing breaks!).

I have an air pump running in bucket with fish and dosed with prime. Fingers crossed.

The outdoor tap hasn’t been used for so long that the rubber has gone so hoping I’ve got a spare tap connecter somewhere.

bdd02e53a7b1350854501fb60de0a65f.jpg

#273 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Forgot to mention some ninja shrimp are getting around in last bit of tank water left. Seem to be doing well - hopefully they make the trip.

#274 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

Fish tank seems to have made it yay! One nervous moment when I thought a bottom edge would hit going out door but ok. I need to find replacement foam under tank as this one is ok - little bit broken but removalist guys were fantastic in getting it back together. Not sure about second time shifting though. Need a thick piece for shifting.

Lost largest angelfish. Rest seem to be ok. Not bad as in a bucket for 24hrs nearly.

And in good news the nbn broadband box didn’t get wet. Not so good news is the tank does take up a bit room lol. It’s ok but just.

Ended up connecting the 18mm hose to front tap. Back tap grrr. They tried to go with fancy connections and now I can’t get half them off. It fills tank quick though!

I also found I need to get a longer hose to drain (5m more would do). I ended up gravel vac’ing again while filling and got water pretty clear.

One internal filter and heater in. Plants still in bucket. Try do ammonia test tonight.

Stocking angelfish, loaches, ottos, catfish and rams (and hopefully shrimp). Dumped in all the driftwood I could find.

#275 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

A very bare tank (sigh).

Bit more driftwood in there than I thought.

35debd420fd9a60fcb97bcd370a8d9bd.jpg

#276 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

Should change the back ground to a solid black colour or dark blue. I find personally it adds a bit more depth and contrast to a tank.

#277 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Tempting! Was toying with that idea - where do you get those backgrounds from?

And sadly today got 5 stitches in thumb from finding out new steak knives are very, very sharp. Actually the sad bit is got strict instructions to not get it wet for 4 days minimum - so gone back to checking out driftwood for sale!

Got to do something though. The fish seem to have decided there is nothing interesting in tank (can’t blame them) so have been lined up watching the ironing being done.

#278 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Only little bug bear is might shift in 8 months so trying to keep everything simple as well.

#279 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

No TV so decided to watch the fish tank instead while doing ironing. Meh - idk, everytime I looked up I felt like I was getting marked by the angelfish who were watching with avid interest.

The rams and loaches have taken over the wood pile while the catfish have decided the internal filter is the place to hang out. Possibly as it is black?

#280 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

I have a yoyo loach that loves hanging out at the internal filter on my daughter's fish tank

speaking of being eyeballed by a fish, I have a tinanti that stares at me every time I sit down on the couch next to the tank.

I move left he moves his head left, I move right he moves right.

• ice likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users