The Great Debate + Equipment Selection.
Perth Cichlid Society now has it's own aquarium. This can be seen at meetings. What are we going to put in it? YOU DECIDE! That's right, PCS members will have the chance to elect a winner from a selection of 5 biotopes on presentation in our Great Debate. Five candidates will plead their case to the meeting on what should go into this 6 foot aquarium and we will vote in a winner. There isn't a wall being built here or a Donald Trump biotope but the choice of the following exciting selections - Tropheus, Eartheaters, Tanganyika, Central American or Malawi. Each canditate has 6 minutes, who will be the elected biotope?
There will also be a brief talk on Equipment Selection for our aquarium by Rovik. Why select certain equipment over others? What is best fit? There will also be a short presentation on using Repashy and AlgaeMax Gels from Mac. Dont miss out!
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, December 6th. The meeting will be held at our new venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.
- This month will be a short talk from Rovik Olsen, President of PCS and employee of Aquotix Aquariums, all about Equipment Selection for our aquarium build. This will be a brief talk and will commence at 8:00pm. Rovik will discuss selecting the right equipment for an aquarium build which we will put into practice on our very own PCS Aquarium at meetings. This talk will be followed with a short Q&A session for anything you are unsure of.
- We've had the great political debate in America, now we are going to have our very own Great Debate in PCS. We have a new 6 foot aquarium on premise that we will be setting up and everyone can enjoy. What do we put in it? That is for you to decide. Come along to this meeting and help decide which biotope or style we will go with. There will be 5 short talks with candidates from the PCS committee pleading a case for their selected biotope and why you should eelct them the winner. Choose from Tropheus, Eartheaters, Tanganyika, Central American or Malawi.
- There will be a short talk and demonstration on how to use NLS - AlgaeMax Gel and Repashy - Gel Products at home. You can buy these from local stores like Fishroom or sponsors and Mike Conry (Mac) will show you his simple tricks to get the most out of your foods at home.
- We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Pterophyllum scalare (Angelfish), kindly donated by PCS Member - Terry. We will have 2 bags of fish to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
- There will be an auction of a new book for the Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. We have a copy of Anton Lamboj's new book up for grabs - Cichlids of Africa Volume 2 - Haplochromines. Please bid and support the cichlid preservation fund which is directly affecting our hobby.
- November 2016 Photo Comp winners will be announced and prizes handed out for our lucky winners from our PCS sponsors - New Life Spectrum tubs of AlgaeMax pellets & Pet Magic $20 store voucher. Get your entries in fast!
- Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
- Why not enter our November PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Chris 'Sajica' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging.
- The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics.
- In the PCS Kitchen we will have a sausage sizzle for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
Please note -
You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, December 6th.
Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.