Been Lurking, But Took The Jump And Joined Pcs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Muttley

Muttley
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hey Everyone,

I never really know what to put in these intro posts but I guess a short history will do. I've loved aquariums my whole life but originally only kept them while I was a kid and into my very early 20's. Then uni, partying and living in rentals killed having a tank. Fast forward to my late 30's and I'm now married, own my own home and figured time was right to get back into things. Even better with all my excitement etc I've managed to get my wife into it as well ;-). 

We're currently renovating my office and the plan is for 2-3 large tanks in there but that's not happening until I finish the reno. In the mean time to get myself back into the hobby and wife suckered in (insert evil laugh here) we've just started a tank in the lounge room (4ft * 1.5ft * 1.5ft). Keeping this tank simple while having lots of activity and colour so it's going to be a tetra community (12*rummy nose, 12*cardinals, 6*glass cats, 6*corydoras julli, some shrimp and a bristlenose pleco). I've never had cichlids but they are what I want to get into having in my office tanks.

Hence after lurking around the different internet forums and youtube for the last couple of months I figured it was time to throw $25 at PCS and join. Looks like a cool auction just happened and seeing those types of events with the wife sounds like great fun. Hopefully we'll poke our heads into the meetings and meet you all, even if things are a bit fishy ;-P

Ben and Jasmin

aka Muttley

#2 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

Welcome aboard :)

#3 Chris Perth

Chris Perth
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

= ditto =

and Happy Cichlid keeping.

#4 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

Welcome,

Well done getting the wife on board.
My wife never showed any interest in the hobby at all so I fired her...

I like the sound of your 4 footer. A bunch of nice fish in that list.

#5 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Welcome Ben and Jasmin,

look forward to seeing you at a meeting. Next auction is first Tuesday in October - a month early, so put that in your schedule. The next meeting is first Tuesday night in September and we've got a number of mini-presentations on how to keep and breed some of the different groups of cichlids eg. Shelldwellers, Mbuna, dwarfs, eartheaters. Working out the final content Tuesday but for someone about to begin keeping cichlids, it should be an informative talk (hopefully).

Anyway, welcome to PCS - great community to be a part of ;)

#6 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

Welcome along guys!

Hopefully we can catch you at a meeting coming up. It's a good community and you'll find plenty of help from all the people here on forums.

#7 Muttley

Muttley
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'll be sure to poke my head into the next meeting if it's about cichlid breeding. I've still got a lot to learn being a cichlid beginner but it's the direction I'm planning on heading.

Cheers

#8 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Hi Muttley,
Welcome to our club. There is heaps of information on this forum and the talks are just as informative and interactive. Plus, at the meeting you will meet people with loads of experience and talking to them will help you with your projects. Load of prizes to win at the meetings and at our competitions.
Looking forward to meet you at the next meeting.
Regards,
Bostave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users