Photo

Removing Bn Fry From Tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bombshocked

Bombshocked
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

So Im Moving 1 Tank Tomorrow From House To House And I Had It All Planned Out But Now My Bn Had Fry So I Was Wondering Whats The Best Way To Remove Them Can I Just Use The Gravel Vac Pipe And Suck Them Into A Bucket? Small Net? Whats The Suggestions People They Have Just Exploded From The Cave Probably 1cm

I Think The Pipe Idea Sucks And It Will Snap There Necks But I Don't Know

#2 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

I have sucked them up using a hose, You may lose a couple but it is easier than trying to net them.
You may know already, but try to move them with as much of their water as possible. They are fragile lil buggers at that size.

P.S

I used a clear hose without a siphon end, using a clear hose makes it easier to see the ones that like to hang onto the sides of the hose.

Edited by Az Aquatic, 31 December 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#3 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

yeah use the gravel vac but just the pipe off it 

#4 DinPerth

DinPerth
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

I did this in July, as said above use a clear pipe to suck them all up. I used a 20 litre bucket 3/4 full of their water. I also added the parents and the spawning cave in the bucket as well.

Slap the lid on and drove for about 45 mins to new house.

I already had a tank setup at the new house then just suck them out of the bucket and their water into the tank.

If you need time to setup the tank once you get to the house just pop an air stone in there. I found it was not needed on the journey as the water splashes around with driving.

I was happy with doing it this way as I recorded no loses.

Good Luck.

#5 Bombshocked

Bombshocked
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Awesome Thanks Great Info Got Another Tank Ready At Other House So Ill Suck Em Up And Chuck Em In A Bucket Save The Water Add Like 60% Old Water Prime, Seeded Sponge Hopefully There Right :ThanxSmiley:

#6 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

+1 for the above replies, ive done it often with clear 10/12 mm hose and havent noticed any casulties be aware some of the little suckers are determined to hang on.a big peff of air down the hose usually gets them. good luck with the move

#7 Bombshocked

Bombshocked
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

thanks i got about 50 appisto fry in a heavily planted tank red apotogeton, lotus, Crispus  Its Going To Be Hell Then I Gotta Do It All Again In 6 Months :brickwall:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users